UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gym Addict
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started trainning about a year an a half ago i kept a training diary and every week i noticed my lifting going up by a few kg's every week,i had reached 75kg on the bench (i know thats nothing to all u big lads but im a rookie) once my son was born i stoped for 3 months ive reciently started back about 3 months ago and i noticed a huge drop in my strength i could only bench about 50kg's (3x10) but my strengh doesnt seem to be increasing back up well not half as quick as i did before, is there any reason for this? or is there anything i can do to help boost it?

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
There are infinite variables that could be responsible for your lack of progress it would be hard to tease them all out and eliminate them here.

Assuming you are happy with your bench technique and programme:

Just make sure, you are getting enough rest between sessions, 3-4 days to begin with.

Get adequate whole food nutrition from quality food 3-4 meals per day, with at most a single Protein shake with some simple carbs post workout.

Stick at that for a month and progress should begin to show, the usual reason you wouldn't progress would be overtraining I should think.

*this advice assumes you are a new trainer*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.