UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Rising from the ashes
8,231 Posts
I have seen the last couple of years a dramatic increase in this fvcking "guess my BF%" SH!T

Why does every cvnt and their great dane, need to put a number on bodyfat % - bragging rights? Can a person reasonable tell teh difference between 15% and 12% anyway?

Because other than hydrostatic, there is no accurate way to tell anyway.

UTTER FVCKING BOLLOCKS

look in the mirror. If you are a fat pr1ck, (sausage shaped arms, waste as thick/thicker than chest, ar$e that wobbles like a plate of jelly) then its too fvcking high, what does a number matter? Diet and get it sorted FFS, if thats what you want to do.

Diet until the above is addressed, not untill you reach X fvcking %.

Ditto if you look in the mirror and you are thin - spend less time trying to pin down a sh1tty meaningless % number, and eat some fvcking good food, then go lift some heavy wieghts

Fvck sake

As fads go - and I have seen tonnes over the years - this craving to pin a number on your bodyfat is one of the most stupid.

Rant over :lol:

Mods feel free to move/delete, Ive had my rant now and feel better - just wondering if anyone could guess how much % better :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Rising from the ashes
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
54und3r5 said:
What percent are you ? ;0)
Don't know, I was just about to post a pic up so all you guys could tell me :lol:

At the end of the day, if you look at yourself, and aren't happy, work towards changing that, you don't need some meaningless fvcking number to tell you you are alright or not :)

·
Extreme Labs Ambassador
11,577 Posts
Well judging by your avi, i would say:

a. your quite high cos you have a chubby face.

b. thats water retention and unclothed you look a lot better

3. thats not you in your avi, it's steven and it doesn't matter.

I'm going with 22.456%

·
Gym Addict
162 Posts
some people like to measure their progress with quantitative figures.

from last year i know that i have put on a certain amount of muscle because i am X amount havier at the same bodyfat %. this is pleasing to me as i am now happy with knowing the progress i am making year on year. someone else who may have been 10% BF last year at 10 stone but is now 30% at 12 stone may have put on weight but they have no idea how much of it, if any, is muscle!! you also can track your fat loss to see if you are retaining muscle whilst dieting.

bodyfat percentage is a useful measurement to know when tracking fat loss or muscle gain so i dont see your problem at all. just sounds like you have some issues other than bodyfat % guesses that you need to get off your chest. remember we're here to listen.

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
% BF would probably be usefull if it was accurate but it's ****e - even the same person using the same caliper on the same subject using the same calculation gets a huge varience

·
At least I'm a failure, you can't take tha
4,469 Posts
My bodyfat is exactly 8.376 % if caluculated using the hyperion method, curiously if the homeratic subdermal method is envoked its exactly 9%...go figure :stuart:

·
Don't count your reps, make your reps count!
3,647 Posts
Yeah, next judges will be armed with calipers at bb shows, and the winner is the one with the lowest BF, not the one that looks the best!

·
Rising from the ashes
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Uriel said:
% BF would probably be usefull if it was accurate but it's ****e - even the same person using the same caliper on the same subject using the same calculation gets a huge varience
Thats the crux of my issue, and anything innacurate isn't worth spending much time on.

Even less accurate judging from a 2D pic on the net, and that isn't even regarding the fact most of you on here are plebs and couldn't guess your own fvcking ages correctly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bluesteel - the mirror will always be a far better judge of progress than the scale or BF% combined...

Glad you are here to listen tho bro, :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.