UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
zen master
351 Posts
For sleeve's I love Japanese work, it is so easy to work with and they 'flow' really well as they are water and/or shadow and cloud based.

If you are going for a religious icon such as in your pic is suppose you will be filling space with a background to the theme or related icons etc.

Make sure you get a pic up when it's done!

·
Complete Basket Case
4,766 Posts
fair enough... but asking for ideas will get you loads of stuff that others like...

me, i like anime and mechs style ripthroughs, but others say dragons, tribal, goth,prison etc....

it really just needs to be something you like.....

·
.....train hard or fcuk off!!!
2,041 Posts
Mate of mine is half way through getting a half sleeve. He went to the tattoo artist with an angel and 2 other seperate pics and the guy free handed it on so it would fit and flow well. Just go and talk to the artist about what you want and let them do there thing, check out his gallery though to see if they're good.

My mate went back for the 2nd sitting to find the guy had been sacked for chatting **** about prices and time. Gonna end up costing about 300 quid more and about 5 hours longer than originally qouted!!

·
you wont know im a ninja till its too late
560 Posts
I agree with dogue, traditional japanese stuff works really well, and most decent artists can freehand them on so you get something unique.

Im getting the ones on my arm joined up with inverted flames like on the pic ive attached. They draw a bloodline and then shade the flames in and when the bloodline fades you get left with a real nice effect with no solid outline.

My advice when talking your ideas through with a tattooist - if they cant draw or freehand then sack them off, dont even finish your conversation with them just grab your stuff and offski. If you get a sleeve there will be a lot of freehanding needed so the design fits your arm properly.

I watch a lot of Miami Ink on sky, and although it can be incredibly cheesey and full of sob stories you can get a very good idea of whats possible and what works, what doesnt.

Post pics when you're done though!

·
Gym Addict
454 Posts
That looks cool, I want to get a sleeve done. Its really hard to find good pics on the net. All the sites want you to sign up and pay to search.

Ive seen some cool ones in the mag Kerang.

Anyone else got any pics?

·
560 Posts
ANABOLIC-EDGE said:
That looks cool, I want to get a sleeve done. Its really hard to find good pics on the net. All the sites want you to sign up and pay to search.

Ive seen some cool ones in the mag Kerang.

Anyone else got any pics?
Ive got loads of images off the net for nothing and with very little looking. Use google image search or flikr.com.

·
560 Posts
DB said:
interesting.. i want something to do with being a taurus but fuk knows where to start designing it!!
Im taurus too and wanted a bull on my chest, got a really tiny simple design which hurt like hell but here are a few other designs i found while looking about..

post-17792-14361405388_thumb.gif

post-17792-143614053885_thumb.jpg

post-17792-143614053887_thumb.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.