UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some suggestions other than front dumbell and cable raises???? My front delts seem to be a little behind my side and rears. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what some of you have found to work for front delt developement

Thank You

·
Newbie Trainer
94 Posts
I would love to hear a reply to this, great question!

I have a massive imbalance around my left should, It has become weak and recruits other surrounding muscles to do it's job according to my physio...

I've tried everything and my form is improving slowly, make sure you don't have this problem...

However I find arnie presses work amazingly after standard shoulder presses

·
Bad Mother Fuker
22,718 Posts
Are you shoulder pressing behind the head all the time?

Shoulder pressing in front of the head may help and Steep incline benching hits the forward nicely too.

Upward row probably recruits front delts in too.....feels like it does initially.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Uriel. I usually always press in front as it hurts my rotator a bit when I press behind. Havent done upright rows in awhile, I may try and start incorperating those

·
Newbie Trainer
94 Posts
If you're lifting too heavy for your front delt then no matter what you do you won't hit the front delt well enough as you will recruit all the accessory muscles.

It might put you off but try lifting lighter for a while...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks totalimmortal. I am actually lifting fairly light right now as my right shoulder has been a little sore. I have always been very form conscience also. I feel my front delts working they just seem a tad bit more stubborn as far as growth then my side and rear.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
zeus87529 said:
Thanks totalimmortal. I am actually lifting fairly light right now as my right shoulder has been a little sore. I have always been very form conscience also. I feel my front delts working they just seem a tad bit more stubborn as far as growth then my side and rear.
Alternate your shoulder workouts with starting with dumbell presses 3x10 reps and barbell presses 3x10 reps. Work them to absolute failure. If your shoulders dont hurt when you lift your arms up after the 3 sets then you know you havent worked them enough.

You can also add front dumbell raises and upright rows to your workout to isolate the front delts. Im not a big fan of these but they might help you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts