UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking to lose some BF, people are suggesting fasted cardio, I play football on saturday and some sunday mornings (training to cool down)

Any tips on fasted cardio with football as my source. I'd be sure burning a lot of calories.

Maybe a shake in the morning with water? All advice welcome, thanks!

·
Eat-Sleep-Train
6,419 Posts
fasted cardio called fasted for a reason no shake .. when you wake up glycogen store is low same with blood sugar and insulin that's why fasted cardio is effective.

i would just do cardio .. not football you probly pass out play football

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sizar said:
fasted cardio called fasted for a reason no shake .. when you wake up glycogen store is low same with blood sugar and insulin that's why fasted cardio is effective.

i would just do cardio .. not football you probly pass out play football
Was thinking the same, so fasted cardio basically on an empty stomach, is water allowed?

Once finished the fasted cardio session, are you meant to have some phat munch? or get a good 50g of whey down ya?

·
Eat-Sleep-Train
6,419 Posts
chelios said:
Was thinking the same, so fasted cardio basically on an empty stomach, is water allowed?

Once finished the fasted cardio session, are you meant to have some phat munch? or get a good 50g of whey down ya?
water is fine. ..

i used to just have my breakfast after cardio .. :)

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sizar said:
water is fine. ..

i used to just have my breakfast after cardio .. :)
Ahh right, thanks mate, guess long as you get your cals/protein in for the day it's all good. Going to try football tomorrow as fasted cardio, or atleast the warm up hour or so. See if it helps.

Thanks!

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had footy today 9-12, used it as my fasted cardio, came out of it alright, funny enough had a good game for pre-season.

Had a shake at 12.30pm, then at 2 had 3 boiled eggs, slice of halloumi and slice of bread. To give me some energy.

Move onto another shake and nuts probably around 4pm, then some chicken later around 6-7pm, something around 9 and shake before bed with my Omega 3 and vits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.