UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a random thread this.

I have a lot of asian mates who have to fast for ramadan. No food or water from sun up to sun down and it got me thinking.

Personally I would like to give it a try. That whole mind over body situation. Only thing is I love food too much. If I don't eat anything for more than 3 hours at a time I get irritable, angry, in the past I have been known to cry where hunger has gotten to me. However because of this it makes me want to try it to see if I can stay normal while being famished.

I also wondered how this would affect me and if any of you bodybuilders have done it? or will you be doing it this year. Does the weight fall off? I can't imagine it being very healthy to not have any water all day then loading up at night.

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
Crying when hungry? Oh I used to do that all the time too, perfectly normal.

If you're 4 months old :lol:

I wouldn't be able to stick it I don't think, like you.. just love food too much. While I don't cry any more, I definitely get quite irritable.

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
I think it would be a real test of mental attitude. Since you dont have the belief system that comes with Ramadan and the requirement not to eat, it comes down to mental attitude and desire.

What i mean is, you have to want to not eat. Rather than it being a state of religious intent.

Dunnow if im really saying what im trying to say. Anyhow, as much as i would think it would be fun, i know i'd tuck into some chicken about 5hrs after starting it. Food is too good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.