UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
working hard
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently im finding it very hard to get 3 good weights sessions a week. im only having 1 good workout a week. heres my normal week;

Mon-Acadamy training

Tues-Club training

Wed- chest and arms

Thurs-Club training - back and shoulders

Fri-

Sat-Game

Sun- recovery

i know its crap, but i find it hard to train properly with 3 training sessions a week and a game. and i cant find a good time to do squats as they are tired most of the time from training and games. any ideas?

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
hi mate, i had to go from making training my main priority as i play rugby too and have training thursdays and tuesdays and our match days are sundays, i dont do this anymore but when i was well into rugby, i was doing back and biceps, chest and tries , shoulders and legs, that worked well for a while... no i just train on thursday nights with the team and play on the sundays, you may want to up the carbs in your diet and you will notice you wont be as tired also getting a good few pro shakes down you every day encouraging the muscles to heal more.

·
working hard
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mate i get in about 5000 calories a day and have 2 protein shakes. just the training sesssions are hard as, we have a ex marine as coach so we just run till were sick in tuesdays fitness sessions, then run more. i think i might just fit in some sneaky sessions before training.

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
yeh good idea mate, whats your fitness level like compared to the rest of the lads? if your aboe average then maybe yeh it would be worth increasing the sesions and laying off a lil at training, but i know how it is, you gottta train hard to make the team , have been captain for the last two seasons so not realy benched and have got away with putting size on.

·
working hard
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i might just get up earlier and do morning weights sessions on days of training then i will be nearly recoved by 7pm, just wont do legs, might fit that in on a wed, il figure it. its not bad, im in the middle, nearly top of the forwards. im quite stong compared to most of them too i just want to keep it up. yeah im just trying to increase my fitness more and more because if i play well for the academy i will get trails for wales u18 next year.

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
duffman16 said:
i might just get up earlier and do morning weights sessions on days of training then i will be nearly recoved by 7pm, just wont do legs, might fit that in on a wed, il figure it. its not bad, im in the middle, nearly top of the forwards. im quite stong compared to most of them too i just want to keep it up. yeah im just trying to increase my fitness more and more because if i play well for the academy i will get trails for wales u18 next year.
ah awesome i was with sale academy for two weeks! haha all i lasted mate was back when i wasnt such a good play either, got concusion and missed the trials so never got a chance realy i guess i f i had got in i would have stuck at rugby now just club rugby is fine

·
Must try hard!
1,912 Posts
Im also fitting in Rugby and training. I train Tuesdays and Thursdays, Gym Mondays, Wednesdays Fridays. Only thing is its hard to play when your sore from muscle work :D But oh well ;)

Alex what team/league/age group you playing in? ;)

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
i dont know if it helps but when i get back to fitness i will be returning to a 3 day weight session, as below

sun - rest

mon - legs and shoulders

tue - rugby training

wed - back and biceps

thu - rugby training

fri - chest and triceps

sat - game

there is always the option of a two-day split as well mate

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
duffman16 said:
currently im finding it very hard to get 3 good weights sessions a week. im only having 1 good workout a week. heres my normal week;

Mon-Acadamy training

Tues-Club training

Wed- chest and arms

Thurs-Club training - back and shoulders

Fri-

Sat-Game

Sun- recovery

i know its crap, but i find it hard to train properly with 3 training sessions a week and a game. and i cant find a good time to do squats as they are tired most of the time from training and games. any ideas?
Ditch the BB split and train for rugby mate.

A 2 day power/speed split will be better for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.