UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Returned home today after spending 10 days in hospital following an op to drain the mother of all abscesses from my right glute, the surgeon drained 900ml of puss from the area - for reference the big screw cap shaker bottles we all use to mix our protein shakes are only 700ml.

I am intending to write a bit of a story on the whole episode showing some pictures of the abscess pre-op and i have various post op pictures as well which are pretty gory!

I currently have a vacuum pump fitted to the huge open wound on my ass cheek sucking away all the nastyness which is meant to greatly speed up the healing process.

It was my 4th visit to a medical professional before i finally got taken seriously and rushed in on the emergency list for surgery - the first 3 visits i made to doctors i got fobbed off each time and told there was nothing wrong - just a haemmatoma.

I want to do a write up on this with pictures etc so the rest of you know what signs to look for and if you ever have the misfortune to have a similar experience you can get help earlier and not get fobbed off - my recovery time has been estimated at 12 weeks! - if this was dealt with after my first visit it would have been 3 or 4 weeks.

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
Yeah, it sounds pretty horrific mate. That was from just mixing 1ml Winnie Depot & 1ml Prop you said, Phil?

Hope you get well soon mate, i don't think i can stomach looking at those pics though..

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
Littleluke said:
What cause it etc? Be interesting to see the pics.
He said in another post that it was caused by mixing 1ml Winnie Depot & 1ml Prop:

Phil B said:
NO!!! PLEASE DONT MIX WATER AND OIL

Up until 2 weeks ago i would have said yes - stick it all in together and jab away - but i have just returned home today from 10 days in hospital following having a massive abscess removed from my right glute - they drained a total of just under ONE LITRE OF PUSS - i have an open wound that measures 5 inches long by an inch wide and an inch deep.

I am allways meticulously clean with injection technique and an experienced user having done hundreds of shots over the years - all i did different on the shot that caused this abscess was mix a ml of winni depot & ml of test prop - IM shot using a 1.5" blue needle.

It is the most regretable thing iv ever done - i only did it cos i honestly couldnt be bothered to do 2 shots - they have told me i will need 3 months to fully recover and be out of the gym for 6 weeks (hopefully ill be back in 4!).

Please take heed and be warned!!!

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW - what a lot of responses - thanks for all the get well messages guys and girls - as for those of you crying out for the pics - well ur as sick minded as i am taking them in the first place! LOL.

I am in the process of working out how to add pics to a post and will get something up as soon as i can.

Five-O - course i didnt know what would happen!! - else i wouldnt have done it! - have mixed oil & water in past without any problem.

Pitbull - no the issue i had with my pec was a haemmatoma - i tried to inject winni through an orange needle and it blocked so i removed, changed pins and sited elsewhere - before any of the steroid was deposited in the muscle - basically a nicked blood vessel which bled inside the muscle causing some swelling.

For those of you saying its put you off injecting - dont let it - i would still maintain that i use VERY good clean technique, i have administered hundreds of shots to myself and others over the years without any complications - this is probably a case of very bad luck, possibly some dirty product and possibly mixing oil and water based products - more to follow!

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
man i really hope you the best of health and luck mate!!!

sounds like you've had an ordeal...i know all about heamatoma's and vac pumps...after my ex's new revision of her internal prosthetic limb few years ago,ankle to femur was rejected ...it started from a haematoma and then developed into a serious infection(MRSA)...led to above the knee amputation!!!!

yes do show the pics...its good education to people who do not follow the proper protocol!!!!

i had 2 lumps,either cheek removed on the 29th july,this year,that were blood filled type heamatoma's...left to get hard,formed lumps,pressing on nerves etc,uncomfortable,pain,akwardness etc etc etc in everyday stuff....offered pain killers(what for the rest of my life,poor kidneys n liver,ar*es)...or have removed!!!!

mate...those vac pumps are bloody noisy!!!

thats sh*tloads of puss....that would be great to write up about it,pics...have you any idea what was the cause such as,dirt,infection,solution or supply bad etc etc etc?????

i guess even maybe one of those unlucky ones....blimey...i'm not put off...but makes me really concerned for you....really hope your health is on its way back...and your making a good recovery...please keep us updated and how your recovery is going...i'd love to know your on your way back to a healthy normal life again if possible!!!!!

would like to know all the details...like how everyday life is,what is manageable or not,how it is affecting movement,what protcols you gotta do for changing dressings,drugs,antibiotics of course...and let us know if your gonna pursue a suit against those useless bastads at the docs...cos the hospital said it was nothing to me....4 years later i've had to have my asss slit on both sides!!!!

anyway,enough waffle from me...wish you all the best...hope you can make as best recovery as poss!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts