UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for input and advice on the following. Thanks in advance.

I've done a few cycles of 500mg Test-E a week on and off for the last few years. I came off cycle and started a baby making protocol (see below) end of June as my partner and I are looking to have a baby. Got bloods done 7th Sept (see results attached). Recently had a semen analysis (results also attached). My source is fairly trustworthy but semen analysis results show low count and motility.
I'm on several different prescribed medications, namely:

• 600mg Pregablin a day,

• 8mg Candasartan a day,

• 10mg Amlodopine a day,

• 20mg Riveroxaban a day,

• 25mcg T3 a day,

• 15mg Zopiclones a night,

• Blue and brown asthma inhaler.

• I also take 300mg caffeine 6 days a week pre-workout.

I'm not sure whether my prescribed medication is interacting with the baby making protocol or whether the drugs are fake.

BABY MAKING PROTOCOL FOR MEN (To Increase Fertility in Men)

1. 75 IU HMG (Human Menopausal Gonadotropin) every other day until pregnancy occurs.

2. 2000 IU Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) every other day until pregnancy occurs.

3. 50mg Clomid (clomiphene citrate) 2x a day until pregnancy occurs.

4. DO NOT TAKE ANY ANABOLIC STEROIDS or Hormone Replacement (HRT)

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

Font Screenshot Magenta Number Parallel

Font Screenshot Magenta Document Parallel

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Number

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts

• 600mg Pregablin a day,

• 8mg Candasartan a day,

• 10mg Amlodopine a day,

• 25mcg T3 a day,

I'm no expert, but with this many meds and high BP, wouldn't you be better off chatting with your GP, Buddy.?

·
Premium Member
14,018 Posts
Hi,

I've done a few cycles of 500mg Test-E a week on and off for the last few years. I came off cycle and started a baby making protocol (see below) end of June as my partner and I are looking to have a baby. Got bloods done 7th Sept (see results attached). Recently had a semen analysis (results also attached). My source is fairly trustworthy but semen analysis results show low count and motility.

• 600mg Pregablin a day,

• 8mg Candasartan a day,

• 10mg Amlodopine a day,

• 25mcg T3 a day,

I'm not sure whether my prescribed medication is interacting with the baby making protocol or whether the drugs are fake.

1. 75 IU HMG (Human Menopausal Gonadotropin) every other day until pregnancy occurs.

2. 2000 IU Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) every other day until pregnancy occurs.

View attachment 193011

View attachment 193013

View attachment 193015

View attachment 193019
I know this isn't what you're asking about mate...

But I probably wouldn't advise someone who needs zopiclones every night to take 300mg caffeine pre workout

·
Banned
153 Posts
Your sperm count isn't actually too bad, 36 million per ml, it is on the lower end of normal but it's ok

Its your motility that's that's the issue

Proviron may help that, but tbh, I have no idea what a lot of those meds you're taking are for, and if any have the potential to affect your sperm

I'd probably start with that before adding anything else in

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
Hi,

• 600mg Pregablin a day,

• 8mg Candasartan a day,

• 10mg Amlodopine a day,

• 25mcg T3 a day,

View attachment 193011

View attachment 193013

View attachment 193015

View attachment 193019
You really need to speak to your GP or consultant here as you are on a plethora of medication with some notable contraindications.

From memory CCBs do decease motility. I would highly recommend you seek advice from a fertility clinic and not 'the internets'.

@GMO makes a good suggestion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for all the input so far.
I've had a lot of very bad experiences with GP's and the NHS, that's why i funded private bloods and sperm test.
Ive recently dropped the caffeine pre workout the last few days also.
Was looking for some input, before i book an appointment with a fertility clinic to discuss options.

·
Read Only
35,526 Posts
The medication you are taking daily will affect fertility in a few ways I believe, agree with others using Zopiclone at night is not great why is it you need this much?

When do you train? is it in the morning or evening? (more to do with why you need the pre-workout stim and the Zopiclone.

Totally agree with @GMO count is not the issue the motility and morphology is, you will need to address this first, you can have a low count and still conceive if you have normal or higher motility/morphology, it is much harder when you have a decent count but very low motility/morphology.

Look at 100-200mgs of Proviron per day to help with this issue, I would speak to your GP though as the fertility consultant will not have the full details of your medical history to understand the complications with all the meds you are taking and for why.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Pscarb The GP's are clueless when it comes to me, I loss my leg due to negligence at 25 so i have major trust issues with the NHS.

I train from around 7-8.30pm 5/6 days a week. I suffer with severe anxiety/ depression and insomnia.

I normally have to self diagnose myself and treat myself. This is the following plan ive come up with,

Carry on current fertility protocol and get another semen analysis in 8 weeks.

Drop the Candasartan and Amlodopine, They have only helped my blood pressure by about 10 points. ( Monitor BP on daily basis from now on )

Drop the Pregablin over the course of 4 weeks dropping dose from 450mg for 1 week, 300mg for 1 week, 150mg for 1 week then 75mg for 1 week.

Drop the caffeine pre workout completely.

Drop the inhalers (Dont feel a huge difference with or without them)

Drop the Zopiclone in 4 weeks time when i have weaned off Pregablin.

Do you think Proviron will really help with the motility if added to my current stack?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone have any more input?

Regards to the drugs i take and negative interactions with sperm?

Thought because ive been on HMG,HCG and Clomid for over 5 months now that sperm would look in alot of a better place regardless of other drugs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.