UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

i'm new to the site, my fiance's been a member for a while and have decided i want to start getting fit. I'm 32, 5'6", 9.6 stone/60.9Kg. I basically want to tone up and ultimately i'd like to try and compete in a figure competition.

Other than the advice my fiance has given me, i have no clue how to start, but he suggested that i post on here to get some specific advice for what i want reference training routine and diet, and get some ideas from other ladies who compete in this.

I have attached a not very good picture so you can see a basic outline of my body type but will add a better more relevant picture at the end of the week.

Any info will be greatfully appreciated.

Many thanks.

post-21109-143614054096_thumb.jpg

Attachments

·
fat ginger
11,441 Posts
you've defo come to the right place for advice,you should get up an outline of your diet and training routine for starters to give everyone a good idea of what is going on and then it can be taken from there :)

and to the rest of the board members that will read this post,no your not seeing things,i am indeed answering a post from an attractive female in a sensible and non perverted manner,i have the cold at the moment so normal services shall be resumed when i'm better :)

·
Newbie Trainer
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
weeman,

thanks for the response. at the moment i don't have any training plan. i used to kickbox years ago and got into bodybuilding the, i'm talking when i was about 20, but due to having three kids i haven't trained for a good few years now. Food wise i just pick and eat throughout the day. I understand about eating smaller meals throught the day. as i said before my other half is already a member here and has a good nutrition plan for himself but he recommended posting on here as he's not sure about how to work out nutrition for women.

His suggestion was to train 4 times a week with morning cardio a few times a week.

day 1 chest and shoulders

day 2 arms

day 3 back

day 4 legs

He has said that he's not sure if this is the best type of workout for women and specifically what i want.

Hope that clears up a few things??

Cheers.

·
Newbie Trainer
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right i just spoke to the man and he's saying that my mass is 132lb and need roughly

170g protein, 264g Carbs, 92g Fats per day spread over 6 meals. then after a few weeks i can adjust the carbs etc depending on how my body reacts but again he's said it might be different for me being a woman. he's going to do me a diet plan based on this so i can get your comments, but what sort of excersises would suit myself eventually build up to figure competing?

Sorry if i'm asking obvious questions but am really keen to get a plan together so i can start.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
tanith said:
Right i just spoke to the man and he's saying that my mass is 132lb and need roughly

170g protein, 264g Carbs, 92g Fats per day spread over 6 meals. then after a few weeks i can adjust the carbs etc depending on how my body reacts but again he's said it might be different for me being a woman. he's going to do me a diet plan based on this so i can get your comments, but what sort of excersises would suit myself eventually build up to figure competing?

Sorry if i'm asking obvious questions but am really keen to get a plan together so i can start.

Thanks.
I would try posting in the ladies section if I were you - much better chance of getting more relevant help :thumbup1:

·
Massive improvements made, cant wait to compete ag
6,981 Posts
ok so i have done a few calculations and

your BMR is 1398.05

so using the Harris Benedict Equation i have worked out the following

Saying that you would be moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55

so 1398.05 x 1.55 = 2166.97 calories needed to maintain your current weight!

There are approximately 3500 calories in a pound of stored body fat. So, if you create a 3500-calorie deficit through diet, exercise or a combination of both, you will lose one pound of body weight

A calorie deficit can be achieved either by calorie restriction alone or by a combination of fewer calories in and more calories out. This combination of diet and exercise is best for lasting weight loss.

To loose weight its common to drop 500 calories from your maintenance level but NEVER more than 1000. Its recommended to never drop your cals below 1200. You will only start to burn muscle!

so i think you would be ideal at starting around 1600-1700 cals!!

Broken up into 6 meals the slightly bigger ones being breakfast, lunch and dinner (im assuming you workout at night)

If you do workout at night i would suggest a diet kinda following this

1- Carbs, Protein, Fats

2 - Carbs protein fats

3 - Carbs protein fats

4 (pre workout) protein, and fast acting carbs/sugars (banana etc)

5 -(postworkout) Protein fiberous veges

6 - Slow releasing protein and fats

its quite good to not eat fats 2 hours before or after training as it slows the absorbtion of protein and this is the time when you need it the most. I also dont really eat carbs after about 4pm. You need to try and eat some kinda protein/fat meal before bed cause if you start eating more often etc your metabolism will speed up and you will find you will be waking up hungry so if you eat slow releasing protein and fats it means that you get the fats slowing the protein absorbtion down and then you have slower releasing protein also so should last you till morning!

·
Massive improvements made, cant wait to compete ag
6,981 Posts
i would suggest taining maybe like this, start off with mainly machine stuff so you can get used to the movements and get some awareness of the form you need to be training in etc) if you havent trained much you could do some major damage to yourself with the free weights (if you man is around you can always have a potter around with the free weights as long as he is there to help and watch ya)

Monday - hammies, back

Tuesday - shoulders, triceps

Wednesday - off or cardio

Thursday - Chest and biceps

Friday - Quads and calves

Saturday - off or cardio

Sunday - OFF

(thats what im doing at the mo with the addition of morning cardio soon and also i do a body pump class on wed and cardio/yoga on sat)

or

i would do like a 4 day upper lower split

M - Upper body

T - Lower body

W - cardio

T - Upper body

F - Lower body

S - Cardio

S - Off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts