UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Newbie Body Builder
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I came home from the gym feeling really tired and down.

I saw the fridge some haddock with breadcrumbs and I just had to have it with a little mash and baked beans.. and now I feel I have let my self down from given into my diet but it might have helped me to feel more focused now.....

Has anyone else done this when they have been trying to cut?

·
"Our Keith's miles bigger than you"
3,176 Posts
poshbird said:
Well I came home from the gym feeling really tired and down.

I saw the fridge some haddock with breadcrumbs and I just had to have it with a little mash and baked beans.. and now I feel I have let my self down from given into my diet but it might have helped me to feel more focused now.....

Has anyone else done this when they have been trying to cut?
That's not even a bad cheat.

Everyone who's trying to cut, slips up and eats something they 'shouldn't'.

This is life. Even some of the most focused bodybuilders slip up occasionally, when prepping for contest.

Just keep it to a minimum and you'll be fine. A cheat meal now and then is good for the psyche. Just don't let it snowball back into being a bad diet.

Also, you need to address your negative feelings towards yourself. They're a recurring theme in your posts, I've noticed.

Hugs.

·
Gym Addict
423 Posts
Feeling exactly the same, off on holiday on Saturday and can't wait. Just feel so lethargic, and sometimes its a real struggle to get myself down the gym. Doesn't help that with the carlorie defecit the strength seems to be disappearing rapidly which is hard to get your head round.

Ah well back on the bulk when back from Vegas!!!!

·
Newbie Body Builder
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I think its the calories and I really pushed my self tonight....the problem with me is I worry too much about putting weight back on if I have a cheat and I have no patience when loosing weight. can't win

Do you think I need to take creatine to give me more energy and strength?

·
Everybody wants to be GOOD, but not many are prepa
1,345 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much at the moment - I'm in week 13 of my competition diet if this helps - I sat down with my trainer at the weekend and we ate a HUGE bowl of popcorn and a 500ml of Ben and Jerry's. EACH....and haven't put on a gram.

Every so often you NEED to cheat and cheat good as it helps A) with your sanity and its generally good for the soul B) it helps keep your metabolism ticking over nicely.

its only through sustained bad dietry habits that weight and fat become out of hand.

LOU X

·
BNBF SOUTHERN LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPION
3,281 Posts
dieting buggered my emotions up big time. Your brain is playing tricks on you so it can keep hold of some fat. It's not nice when it happens but schedule a cheat so you have something to look forward to and it will help mentally

·
"Our Keith's miles bigger than you"
3,176 Posts
poshbird said:
Yes I think its the calories and I really pushed my self tonight....the problem with me is I worry too much about putting weight back on if I have a cheat and I have no patience when loosing weight. can't win

Do you think I need to take creatine to give me more energy and strength?
Creatine won't give you the kind of energy you're thinking of. Also, you'll notice an increase in weight.

You say "can't win"

That's the wrong attitude altogether. Like I say, you need to work on that, sweetheart.

Should be "can't lose".

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
Chin up matey, you had a wee treat, not the end of the world, if the diet is getting to you try n think of a non food reward, and get some "cheat" foods that fit into your diet in the fridge, bagged or boxed off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.