UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Fat loss CKD plan for fat female!!

814 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  boodika 
#1 ·
So after scanning all the threads about all the variants of the Keto Diets and Low Carb Diets I plan to undertake one but need advice on the macros.

I'm female, 5'0", and weigh a hefty 200lbs (yes I let myself go in a big 2 year binge.... poss 50%BF:whistling:). I trained consistenly 3 years ago but since then motivation, work, uni and pure laziness/tiredness meant I stopped training but carried on eating!

I need a diet for maximum fat loss and muscle maintainence. I put on fat very easily but also gain muscle and maintain it very well for a bird. Bit of an endo-meso i spose.

I will be training 3-4 times a week first thing in the morning before work and poss before breakfast/meal 1:

Day 1 - Chest/Tri

Day 2 - Back/Bi

Day 3 - Legs/Delts

Day 4 - repeat from Day 1...

I will be walking (45mins) to the gym before weights (i don't drive) then 15mins HIIT cardio after weights.

From what I know already my RMR is 1600 cals. I have a fairly inactive day (office work/sat on my a**s all day). I have sporadic IBS so i tend to maintain veg fibre in my diet which helps.

I would appreciate any advice about a good solid CKD plan. I do have a problem with binge-eating so a TKD is out of the question for me! And any tweaks to my training plan is also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Read this: http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-cdk-cyclical.html

And tbh if you want to understand it properly you should get a book on it.

Aim for 65-70% fat, 30-35% protein and very little carbs (under 30g, none eaten directly).

Drop the idea of HIIT while doing keto. The idea of doing it PWO on any diet isn't a very smart one anyway IMO.

I'd start with 30 mins LISS before breakfast 4-7 days a week to start with. Then increase as necessary.

Start off on 1400 cals, do your cardio and assess progress after a week.

Also your training suggestion is not geared towards optimal glycogen depletion and supercompensation, which suggests to me that you haven't done enough reading and need to do some.

#3 ·
AlasTTTair said:
Read this: http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-cdk-cyclical.html

And tbh if you want to understand it properly you should get a book on it.

Aim for 65-70% fat, 30-35% protein and very little carbs (under 30g, none eaten directly).

Drop the idea of HIIT while doing keto. The idea of doing it PWO on any diet isn't a very smart one anyway IMO.

I'd start with 30 mins LISS before breakfast 4-7 days a week to start with. Then increase as necessary.

Start off on 1400 cals, do your cardio and assess progress after a week.

Also your training suggestion is not geared towards optimal glycogen depletion and supercompensation, which suggests to me that you haven't done enough reading and need to do some.
Thanks for the link...

So my diet on 1400 cals should be:

910 cals Fat / 101g

420 cals Protein / 105g

70 cals indirect Carbs / 17g

I won't do HIIT after my WO but (sorry) what is LISS? I havn't come across that abrev before? I do walk to the gym before breakfast which is a 45 min walk?

Could you explain why my WO isn't the best. I can only train in the mornings before I go to work if that's the issue?

#4 ·
boodika said:
Thanks for the link...

So my diet on 1400 cals should be:

910 cals Fat / 101g

420 cals Protein / 105g

70 cals indirect Carbs / 17g

I won't do HIIT after my WO but (sorry) what is LISS? I havn't come across that abrev before? I do walk to the gym before breakfast which is a 45 min walk?

Could you explain why my WO isn't the best. I can only train in the mornings before I go to work if that's the issue?
Yeah those ratios look good. If you want to calculate the percentages you just multiply fat grams by 9 and divide by your daily calories, and multiply protein and fat grams by 4 and divide by daily cals. Your fat comes out at 64% which is great.

LISS = low intensity steady state cardio. A brisk walk would be fine. Keep heart rate under 120bpm ideally.

To optimise glycogen depletion and replenishment it's best to train half your body monday, the other half tuesday, and then a full body on friday immediately before you start your carb up.

#5 ·
AlasTTTair said:
Yeah those ratios look good. If you want to calculate the percentages you just multiply fat grams by 9 and divide by your daily calories, and multiply protein and fat grams by 4 and divide by daily cals. Your fat comes out at 64% which is great.

LISS = low intensity steady state cardio. A brisk walk would be fine. Keep heart rate under 120bpm ideally.

To optimise glycogen depletion and replenishment it's best to train half your body monday, the other half tuesday, and then a full body on friday immediately before you start your carb up.
I can handle low intensity cardio so to be honest glad i don't need to do HIIT cardio yet.

I will swap my training round to half body and full body as you suggest and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help! :thumbup1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.