UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
GET HENCH OR DIE TRYING !
224 Posts
Hi all, im currently trying to bulk ,my diet is good, training a 4 day split. As ive been bulking for almost 5 weeks now getting plenty of calories in, i have been going up well in weight but ive been putting a bit on around my middle? i must state at this point im doing 750mgs E/W of sust 350. What im racking my brains about is doing fasted cardio early in the morning in the form of walking on a steep incline for 30 mins for 3/4 mornings a week? Im worried that this is the time that we are catabolic and as im trying to gain muscle would having a protien shake with no carbs be an idea to combat this or will i just be burning this during my work out rather than fat ? Or Cos im on a cycle of test does this not matter at all ??? :confused1:

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. :)

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
I love doing fasted cardio when bulking. I find it helps me keep leanish, and doing steady state cardio like a brisk walk instead of running, you should use your fat stores for this rather than burning away precious muscle. You could have some BCAA's before your cardio if you was worried about this.

I also find it sets my apetite up for the day, always feel hungry after fasted cardio now so can get a good meal in for breakfast....

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kieren1234 said:
I love doing fasted cardio when bulking. I find it helps me keep leanish, and doing steady state cardio like a brisk walk instead of running, you should use your fat stores for this rather than burning away precious muscle. You could have some BCAA's before your cardio if you was worried about this.

I also find it sets my apetite up for the day, always feel hungry after fasted cardio now so can get a good meal in for breakfast....
How many mornings a week would you do and for how long mate ?

Also cos im running 2ml of sust 350 E/W catabolism isn't a worry is it ?

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Scottydog81 said:
How many mornings a week would you do and for how long mate ?

Also cos im running 2ml of sust 350 E/W catabolism isn't a worry is it ?
I wouldnt worry about catobolism what so ever when on cycle and doing STEADY state cardio. Big-Joe on hear always advises to do 5 minutes steady, then 5 minutes all out to get adrenaline going for the rest of the cardio which will increase the fat burning (theres more science to it than this but i forget his reasoning).

I do cardio 6 days a week, 45 minutes non training days and 30 minutes training days......

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kieren1234 said:
I wouldnt worry about catobolism what so ever when on cycle and doing STEADY state cardio. Big-Joe on hear always advises to do 5 minutes steady, then 5 minutes all out to get adrenaline going for the rest of the cardio which will increase the fat burning (theres more science to it than this but i forget his reasoning).

I do cardio 6 days a week, 45 minutes non training days and 30 minutes training days......
Thanks Kieren, Sorry its a little bit off this thread but im just starting my 5th week on 2ml sust350(750mgs test) ive put on about 6kg but havn't noticed a big jump in strength yet ,was thinking that it would have come by now ? would you say that i will maybe feel it alot more in the next week or 2 ? :)

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Scottydog81 said:
Thanks Kieren, Sorry its a little bit off this thread but im just starting my 5th week on 2ml sust350(750mgs test) ive put on about 6kg but havn't noticed a big jump in strength yet ,was thinking that it would have come by now ? would you say that i will maybe feel it alot more in the next week or 2 ? :)
Gains will come from around week 4 and forward so if your gear is real and adequately dosed, i suspect you will feel it more so in the next few weeks.....

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kieren1234 said:
Gains will come from around week 4 and forward so if your gear is real and adequately dosed, i suspect you will feel it more so in the next few weeks.....
yeah im doing 1ml on a tuesday and 1ml saturday to keep levels a bit more stable. The gear should be good from a good sorce, training has been spot on , as has my diet, just was getting a bit parranoid about it all cos i aint felt the strenght increase like i thought i would ,alot of people say around the 4th week for the longer esters in sust to kick in ,im just starting my 5th week today so we will see mate. Thanks again:beer:

·
gaining....
53 Posts
i like this idea bud, when i start my bulk i'm going to be adding in cardio for the first time. be intrigued to see how you find it if you do it. at a low intensity it can't do any harm at all tho!

·
Read Only
35,526 Posts
adding cardio whilst bulking is a very good idea......obviously if you have a very fast metabolism and are in condition all the time it may be counter productive to your goals......lets assume you are not....

cardio gives more benefits than just fat loss although it seems to be the in vogue myth to not do cardio as "it effects gaining muscle"....total b0llox in my experiance doing cardio whilst bulking or dieting helps you acheive your MUSCLE building goals.....

silverchair...on a side note very impressed with your hamstring development in your avator pic....

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Silverchair said:
i like this idea bud, when i start my bulk i'm going to be adding in cardio for the first time. be intrigued to see how you find it if you do it. at a low intensity it can't do any harm at all tho!
Yeah i done it this morning mate, 30 mins on tred mill walking at a pace of 5.5 and on an incline of 12, 30 mins burnt 420 cals got a good sweat on to ,was dripping, didn't let my heart rate go over 130 , but genraly kept it around 125. :)

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Scottydog81 said:
Yeah i done it this morning mate, 30 mins on tred mill walking at a pace of 5.5 and on an incline of 12, 30 mins burnt 420 cals got a good sweat on to ,was dripping, didn't let my heart rate go over 130 , but genraly kept it around 125. :)
That type of cardio for fasted is perfect mate. Keep that up and let us know how you get on. think you will be happy you added it in.

·
3,635 Posts
just read this and think its exactly what i need, i never cut as dont feel i have enough mass, said i would cut at 180lbs then 190lbs ....200lbs and so on im 212-215lbs now and feel i need to be 230lbs before i have the mass.

bad side is im not happy with bf% either im about 15%!!! i think from now on i will add in morning cardio in my bulks, infact dont even want to call them bulks, thats not and never was my aim, my aim is always to gain muscle.

i have heard thogh that under 45mins is not that effectiove as you dont start burning fat untill around 30 mins ? any truth to this? maybee you could help paul? what have you found in your experience, is 30 mins enough or need the 45... etc thanks

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
BigJoe advises to do steady 5 minutes, then all out for 5 minutes and then steady for the rest of the cardio however long it is as this increases adrenaline and your burning fat from there on so i would say no, it doesnt HAVE to be above 30 minutes.

·
+40 and feeling good
2,717 Posts
Yes do cardio, I made the mistake when doing my first cycle at the beginning of the year, yes put on size but also some fat round my stomach due to not doing cardio.

Now I do 20-25 mins 4 times a week on an incline of 10 and get my heart rate at about 130 (even now when off cycle).

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
Scottydog81 said:
This has convinced me that my computer timer box-thingy on my xtrainer is f*cked :lol:

420 cals!

I'm doing HIIT currently, 20 minutes and apparently get rid of about 100 cals! I'm on my **** by the end of it, doubt I could hold a conversation! Yet you walk and do 420 in half hour :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
In simple terms the only time I wouldn't consider doing any cardio at all is when looking to gain as much weight as possible (fat, water and muscle) in as quick a time as possible... cardio can help keep your metabolic rate and nutrient partitioning in a good state to build muscle but stay lean. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.