UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
9,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so one of the guys i work with is big in to his training and talks about it and reads about it more than i do.. he has all the books and buys all the magazines, the only difference is he has the body of your average overweight fat dude with no shape. Every day he is reading up on some new fad.. the latest one is 'the pinapple diet' where you eat nothing but pineapples for a week as a cut.

He buys all the protein supps / fat burn supps but never makes any progress, I have tried to teach him so so many times but he still does his own 'fat burn / muscle gain' workout. Basically 1 set of every machine and then a 10 minute run and hits the hydro spa.. 4x a week.

He has asked me how i have got in to my current shape more than 10 times this last few weeks and each time i just said very low carbs / high protein / good fats and plenty of cardio as well as weights but he just can't actually 'do it' all he will do is talk about it and that's why he hasn't made any progress in years. I don't see why he can't get it. You see him walking around the gym with a Maximuscle vest on with a weights belt and benching 40kg... its very odd tbh considering its his life!

Ive explained so much to him regarding cutting, i must of literally spent hours over the years and today he came in eating a fried chicken sandwich with mayo, chips and chicken wings from KFC and i said "I thought you was on a strict no carb diet this week, and he was like "But i got diet coke!...Oh crap i didn't know that mayo has carbs in it? Sh!t man ive just took myself out of ketosis??" I replied "the whole thing is crap mate, white bread / chips = starchy carbs and fat on chips.. mayo = fats.. fried chicken = salt / fat" to which he replied "How the hell can bread and chips have carbs in it? You have to put carbs in things like your cup of tea or coffee, or on your pancakes? This is just chicken, bread and chips from KFC... Ive not put anything extra on it. This is all protein.. right?"

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Do you know any of these guys that im on about?

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
My friend is like this.

"Since i've joined the gym, i've got really defined and my chest is rock hard, look" - He flicked his chest, and it was like watching jelly.

(I lol'd)

He has no idea about nutrition, however he isn't as bad as what your friend is.

My other friend, follows a strict bulk (lol) which is basically eat anything...and then he complains about gaining bely fat...

What and idiot.

·
5% off myprotein MP269006
2,421 Posts
My brother is a bit like this!

Hes a para and home for a month. I said come down the gym 3 - 4 times a week but he wants to go down there everyday doing endless sets!

He dont understand that less is more! I tell him about over training and he just laughs as if i dont know what im talking about!

If you have given him advice and hes not listening then let him get on with it! Thats what ive done :thumbup1:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
I have a couple of friends who are constantly posting on facebook "diet starts this week" then next day "hangover from hell" !!!

WTF?! I think a lot of people like the idea of changing thei physical appearance but don't appreciate the level of effort involved!

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
GymMad said:
My brother is a bit like this!

Hes a para and home for a month. I said come down the gym 3 - 4 times a week but he wants to go down there everyday doing endless sets!

He dont understand that less is more! I tell him about over training and he just laughs as if i dont know what im talking about!

If you have given him advice and hes not listening then let him get on with it! Thats what ive done :thumbup1:
Sounds like most military...suppose it'll benefit him more doing higher reps and sets for the para lifestyle.

·
Cowboy: You got a one track mind you know that! Aj
616 Posts
One of my friends keeps sayin hes cutting to lose his belly and never does cardio! and i spoke to him yesterday and asked how he was getting on and he sed he'd given up tryin to cut so he was bulking instead! even tho hes still got belly etc i just said oh ok good luck. And hes the kind of person who always asks what supps im on as apparently there what get you muscle and low bf :lol: gotta lol.

·
Looking Freaky
793 Posts
zelobinksy said:
Sounds like most military...suppose it'll benefit him more doing higher reps and sets for the para lifestyle.
Not really mate, I believe doing as much or as little to get the desired result, some people need 2 - 4 times a week, some may need more its all individual.

Oh and I'm military btw :)

·
PISH OFF
926 Posts
One of my mates has made an excuse twice a week for atleast 2 months now as to why he cant come to the gym then complains hes a bit fat.

He keeps seeing how much ive changed and says yehh i have to start this gym stuff with you to get the body sorted for holiday.

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
I have a guy like that at work too, can`t f**kin stand him! It puzzles me how a guy can train for 20+ yrs and still don`t know the basics of nutrition. Training and nutrition go hand in hand.

What i do now is give him really bad advice, like saying you gotta eat a heaped bowl of coco-pops at 10pm every night and only eat twice a day!

As long as you give him some fake scientific bulls**t behind it with a straight face of course they believe you! :lol:

Then you just watch the fat cnut get even fatter.... :beer:

·
2,421 Posts
zelobinksy said:
Monday = Arms

Tuesday = Back

Wednesday = Chest

Thursday = Arms

Friday = Shoulders

Dont train legs because he dose alot of walking / running :rolleyes:

Eats 5hit and wonders why hes not growing like me?

I have tried to tell him but he dont listen! I feel sorry for him as hes wasting his time but i guess he will learn one day!

He can run though! 1.5 miles in 8 - 9 mins with weight :thumbup1:

·
Banned
716 Posts
Will101 said:
I have a couple of friends who are constantly posting on facebook "diet starts this week" then next day "hangover from hell" !!!

WTF?! I think a lot of people like the idea of changing thei physical appearance but don't appreciate the level of effort involved!
* guilty * lol. i did this loads up to a couple of weeks ago haha. it was 'diet starts' mon morn, 'never drinking again towns so cr4p' sunday, then 'new diet defo sticking to it this time' monday!

·
ive just wet myself oopppss lol
14,809 Posts
GymMad said:
Monday = Arms

Tuesday = Back

Wednesday = Chest

Thursday = Arms

Friday = Shoulders

Dont train legs because he dose alot of walking / running :rolleyes:

Eats 5hit and wonders why hes not growing like me?

I have tried to tell him but he dont listen! I feel sorry for him as hes wasting his time but i guess he will learn one day!

He can run though! 1.5 miles in 8 - 9 mins with weight :thumbup1:
substitute one arm days for legs and I dont think there's much wrong with how often he is training :confused1: ... :confused1: and he can run too

·
Scotland Rocks !
14,808 Posts
"You see him walking around the gym with a Maximuscle vest on with a weights belt and benching 40kg... its very odd tbh considering its his life!

...does he do loud grunts with every move aswell...:lol: :lol:

·
2,421 Posts
Jem said:
substitute one arm days for legs and I dont think there's much wrong with how often he is training :confused1: ... :confused1: and he can run too
That with 4 exersizes and 10 sets of 10 reps is overtraining IMO

He starts out benching say 80KG for 10 reps

After about 8 sets hes doing 30KG for 10 reps

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.