UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
This fight was bullshit,Holyfield has had gruelling fights in the past,his fights with dwight mahammed quawi being some of them, De la hoya fighting belfort was a farce in the first place,It just took the piss with holyfield

Says a lot when the athletic commission that sanctioned de la hoya-belfort said no to holyfield-belfort so triller had to change athletic commisions

David hayes recent fight was all bullshit too,just carried his mate the whole time🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
12,628 Posts
White-boy please... This strange idea some people have that it's OK to be a piece of shit if you are from a shitty area; absolute nonsense.
What does “White-boy please…” mean? I never made any references to skin colour. I never said it was okay to be a piece of shit. I said I can forgive him for some things that he did when he was younger but not the rape. Folk living in areas where high crime prevails are more likely to commit crime.

You talk nonsense.

·
Peace and Love...except In the Gym.
3,428 Posts
This fight was bullshit,Holyfield has had gruelling fights in the past,his fights with dwight mahammed quawi being some of them, De la hoya fighting belfort was a farce in the first place,It just took the piss with holyfield

Says a lot when the athletic commission that sanctioned de la hoya-belfort said no to holyfield-belfort so triller had to change athletic commisions

David hayes recent fight was all bullshit too,just carried his mate the whole time🤦‍♂️
Holyfields best fight ever IMO was against Riddick Bowe, all Fights are good but the first is one of my favourite Boxing matches ever second to Arturo Gatti vs Micky Ward 1 & 2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its a shame really because when it is done right,in my personal opinion boxing is the best sport in the world & although im more for the UFC these days for the same reasons wylde mentioned,the fact boxing is only your hands i dont see as one dimensional,i just see it as a punch up😂see,if its going boss eyed for you in the cage you have numerous other options,if its going wrong for you in the ring nine times out of ten you are ****ed if you cant adapt to your mans gameplan b/c you only have your fists,which makes it an interesting variable for me,rather than looking at it from the one dimensional aspect,its the same as collegiate wrestling over in the states,that battle of wits and test of strength and smarts is phenomenal,now in the cage you could resort to other things but on the mat it is your wrestling ability or lack of it that will see you through or losing

Im primarily a boxing guy,although i dont follow it closely anymore because of how is ran professionally,i still follow the gyms and the amateur and small hall scene where there is plenty of hunger and respect for the sport

Im also not one of these weirdos who has to compare boxing to mma and all that s**t,in its sporting sense boxing & mma are different and both can be enjoyed seperately,in its sense of how it is run then mma s***s all over boxing, i also dont get people when they say kicking is for girls ,try getting a shot to your chin & have someone try & choke f**k out of you,you will soon see its not for the weak hearted

Ive been around combat sports most of my life in some capacity,mainly boxing & they all have their good & bad points and any style can be affective used in the right setting,when you get people constantly comparing this an that it just shows extreme naivety to fighting in general to be honest

21 - 26 of 26 Posts