UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Massive improvements made, cant wait to compete ag
6,981 Posts
is he taking anything else!

When you pass blood its usually a sign that you may have a ulcer or little bleed in your stomach which can be caused yes by taking pills but as far as im aware unless he took a whole lot of eph on an empty stomach then it shouldnt be from them!

·
Newbie Trainer
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, thanks for the help

i think she is only taking these...but as u mention taking them on an empty stomach, i think that could be it as she is only using them as a form of weight loss

·
6,981 Posts
Mark872 said:
hi, thanks for the help

i think she is only taking these...but as u mention taking them on an empty stomach, i think that could be it as she is only using them as a form of weight loss
na well i take them on an empty stomach and im fine but i know how much to take! How many pills is she taking?

·
Frooking Leaky
560 Posts
Mark872 said:
Just after some info please...a friend of mine is using these and has started passing blood...is this a known side effect?
There's loads of causes of blood in the urine - kidney infections are a common one, but then so is lifting weights. It's worthwhile to see the GP to get some blood tests done (or at least a urine test and urine culture) to have a look at kidney function.

Here's what the BNF (the book your GP looks in before dishing out the pills) has to say about ephedrine:

EPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE

Additional information interactions (Ephedrine)http://www.bnf.org/bnf/bnf/current/41001i708.htm].

Indications

see under Dose

Cautions

hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus, ischaemic heart disease, hypertension, susceptibility to angle-closure glaucoma, elderly, pregnancy (Appendix 4); may cause acute urine retention in prostatic hypertrophy; interactions: Appendix 1 (sympathomimetics)

Contra-indications

breast-feeding (Appendix 5)

Side-effects

nausea, vomiting, anorexia; tachycardia (sometimes bradycardia), arrhythmias, anginal pain, vasoconstriction with hypertension, vasodilation with hypotension, dizziness and flushing; dyspnoea; headache, anxiety, restlessness, confusion, psychoses, insomnia, tremor; difficulty in micturition, urine retention; sweating, hypersalivation; changes in blood-glucose concentration; very rarely angle-closure glaucoma

·
6,981 Posts
Mark872 said:
she told me 2 but who knows...
well if she is only taking 2 then no its def not the eph!!

She sure she just doesnt have cystitis??? (urinary tract infection, reasonably common with females, pee blood and hurts to pee also)

·
She-rah princess of power
1,060 Posts
I'm taking eph too and I take them on an empty stomach as I think they work better that way - is she stacking them with the asprin & caffine?

When you say passing blood - where is she passing blood from? I ask because I find the asprin is terrible for making me really really constipated!! enough to cause a small amount of bleeding. even at low doses like up to 100mg - I only ever get this when I'm on ECA & if I drop the asprin it seems to stop it.

hope this aint too much info lol - but just a thought.

·
Newbie Trainer
1 Posts
i dont take eph on an empty stomach usually. ive been on them for around 3 weeks or so and ive dropped from 13 stone to around 12.4. i take them after food but again i didnt know you could just get eph tablets, usually its in something, mine are stackers.

they are a lighter version or normal stackers, stacker 2 lite they are, and you are allowed up 2 6 a day after food.

i presumed that taking them on an empty stomach would just make you faint or something,.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts