UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
If you all had a collective neck I would strangle
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering everyones opinion on this,

Has anyone ever used the Eggnation egg whites in a carton?

Been doing some research and have heard alot of people saying bad things about these kinds off egg whites. Im putting about four eggs worth of the stuff in my shake each morning but also heard that the egg whites are next to useless raw.

Am I wasting my money here or is anyone out there using them at the moment?

Cheers

·
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So are there much of a diffrence between the cartoned ones and real eggs?

I thought it was better to go for the pasteurised egg whites because having the whole egg wasnt great for you?

·
gaining....
53 Posts
its easy enough to seperate the yolk from the white. i like the real deal. and they're pretty cheap too. 10 for 99p at aldi! get through 14 a day and thts jst under 100 a week, £10. cheap as!!! :)

its only if you have too many yolks that they can be bad, but you'd have to have a fair few!

·
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds alot cheaper cheers !

Would you say that the whole eggs would be more beneficial than the pasteurised egg whites im using at the moment?

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Silverchair said:
its easy enough to seperate the yolk from the white. i like the real deal. and they're pretty cheap too. 10 for 99p at aldi! get through 14 a day and thts jst under 100 a week, £10. cheap as!!! :)

its only if you have too many yolks that they can be bad, but you'd have to have a fair few!
Thats dear M8 you can get a dozen for 80Pence at Tesco , its thier six pack deal ............40p

·
don't eat for how you are eat for how you want
493 Posts
was reading somewhere that if you eat eggs raw you are only able to use approx 40% of the protein where as if you cook them its around 90% iv looked for the article but cant find it anywhere...

so if anyone knows the one im talking about please can you post it up id like to read it again...

·
Gym Addict
180 Posts
Other thread on here at the moment regarding bioavailability of raw egg white - either cook it, or buy pasteurised.

With regard to whole egg or not, whole egg wins by a mile. Every egg contains everything a chick needs to develop from nothing. Put simply, all good IMO!

If you don't use the yolk you are simply throwing good calories and vits/mins in to the bin, only to then try and source elsewhere in diet - bonkers if you ask me :whistling:

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Tony Barnes said:
Other thread on here at the moment regarding bioavailability of raw egg white - either cook it, or buy pasteurised.

With regard to whole egg or not, whole egg wins by a mile. Every egg contains everything a chick needs to develop from nothing. Put simply, all good IMO!

If you don't use the yolk you are simply throwing good calories and vits/mins in to the bin, only to then try and source elsewhere in diet - bonkers if you ask me :whistling:
totally agree:thumbup1:

As long as you keep the fats within your daily allowance, why would you bin

the yolks

Crazy IMO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.