UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am adding some EAA's to my ProRecover PWO shake, at the moment I am using Bulk Powders EAA's which through no fault of theirs, taste like crushed paracetamol and float on water so you can only cap them. I take 10g which is 10 large capsules and they kind of get stuck in my throat.

Question is, is there an EAA powder available that mixes with water please? even better, one that tastes goo too!

Thanks in advance

SD

·
Gym Addict
215 Posts
SportDr said:
Hi all,

I am adding some EAA's to my ProRecover PWO shake, at the moment I am using Bulk Powders EAA's which through no fault of theirs, taste like crushed paracetamol and float on water so you can only cap them. I take 10g which is 10 large capsules and they kind of get stuck in my throat.

Question is, is there an EAA powder available that mixes with water please? even better, one that tastes goo too!

Thanks in advance

SD
SD

This is just inherently the product I am afraid. Leucine, EAA and BCAA are not the easiest to consume - but a few tricks which MAY assist

- Leave in cold water for around 10 mins and then shake vigouresly and consume

- Cap them [as you have tried]

- Mix in orange juice, shake and consume

In terms of any other products - there are a few over in the states which are flavoured with binders and lots of other things [which arent probably good for you anyway] but does make the product taste better albeit gram for gram you will not get the best ratio of EAA when compare with the raw powder - so it's more a case of what you want.

Hope that helps fella

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply BSD,

I hadn't thought of soaking the powder, so I will definately try that. Still would be great if someone could invent a soluble form of the product.

THere are guys here taking 30g EAA, what do you do? My hat comes off to you fellas if you are either swallowing 30 caps or are putting it dry onto your tongue, I tried that and was retching for ages after.

SD

·
Gym Addict
215 Posts
SportDr said:
Thanks for the reply BSD,

I hadn't thought of soaking the powder, so I will definately try that. Still would be great if someone could invent a soluble form of the product.

THere are guys here taking 30g EAA, what do you do? My hat comes off to you fellas if you are either swallowing 30 caps or are putting it dry onto your tongue, I tried that and was retching for ages after.

SD
A few of the popular ways we get told is

- put the powder in the mouth and chase it with orange juice etc

- just mix, shake and consume

Taste, as you rightly point out - isnt good :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.