UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My goals are to gain a little mass and drop a couple of pounds in body fat - I've been taking various branded supplements for years but never really paid that much attention to the ingredients...

I've been reading the forums for a couple of weeks and I've pretty much figured out what type of supplements I should be taking. With the exception of Amino Acids...

From what I have read it seems to come down to EAA or BCAA...my question is which is the best and when should I be taking them?

Also my planned supplement order is as follows:

MP bulk unflavored whey

fine oats

Vitargo

Looking at taking a whey/oat blend pre-workout (1 hour before) and a whey/Vitargo blend post (Vitargo immediately after, whey 20-30 mins after Vitargo) with an extra whey/oat blend added to daily diet to help make up the 6 meal a day target.

Any suggestions/comments on the above? As mentioned not looking to build huge amounts of extra mass, more about maintaining current size but shedding some flab.

Thanks!

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
Both excellent products,Eaa's are probably the preferred choice,although more expensive,as they contain bcaa's plus extra leucine (60% 33%) iirc.

If taking Bcaa's,purchase extra Leucine and then choose the 4:1:1 ratio in favour of Leucine,this has been proven as the optimal dosing protocol

Take 15 - 30g around workout's,i sip on about 30g during :)

·
bann3d
1,496 Posts
ParaManiac said:
Both excellent products,Eaa's are probably the preferred choice,although more expensive,as they contain bcaa's plus extra leucine (60% 33%) iirc.

If taking Bcaa's,purchase extra Leucine and then choose the 4:1:1 ratio in favour of Leucine,this has been proven as the optimal dosing protocol

Take 15 - 30g around workout's,i sip on about 30g during :)
Spot on if using BCAA add leucine to get above ratio's and I agree that EAA's are the better choice but you have to pay for it.

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
TheBigKahuna said:
Thanks for the responses, leaning towards EAA. Just need a better understanding of when to take them...pre, during or post workout?
Your choice.

As previously posted i like to sip on them while training.

They are insulinogenic,create an energy source and act as a kind of switch by priming the body to encourage recouperation and growth,so anytime around workouts is optimal.

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
You can take EAA's with protein poor meals, or to make up for downfalls in the amino profile of the food you are eating. BCAA's are best used around workout as already said, before during and after.

SD

·
Rugby Junkie
191 Posts
Mix them up together if you can't choose. I generally get 500g of BCAA and EAA and 250g Leucine and mix them in a big tub.

For taste and mixability you could use sugar free squash or squeeze in fresh lemon or lime juice and use water at around room temperature and let it sit for 30 mins to let some of it dissolve. If you use cold liquids it simple won't mix in and small volumes of liquid have a similar problem.

·
EFBB Winner
4,431 Posts
I make mine up the night before. Use warm water to mix the BCAA's down to a non lumpy liquid, then add a scoop of MP's Berry Blast flavouring. Im hoping the heat doesn't kill the BCAA's. Im guessing it doesnt because i use 10g pre/peri/post workout whilst cutting and dont seem to lose any muscle, which is always good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts