UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Maximus Covidius
945 Posts
Long time ago I had the Suzuki DR650, bought it to rip around forest trails. It was fun.

The sad reality is that if you ride a street bike, it's just a matter of time before you fuсk yourself up or some Karen in SUV turns you into gulash. I saw several dudes after bad accidents, think wheelchairs and ѕhit. They envied those who got killed instantly and I kinda understand why. There's a guy who works as a concierge in my building, another bike enthusiast. From the amount of metal pins keeping his bones together he can forget ever getting an MRI and always has loads of fun passing metal detectors in airports.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Ducati monster yes or no? If you think no in my humble opinion I question if your actually a biker lol. What bikes you got and what sort of bikes are you into?
Ducati monster? Which model. I personally think their shit but each to their own. 2016 R1, 2018 S1000RR, 2014 RSV4 APRC been my latest road/track bikes but I don’t ride anymore because I managed to stay alive for 20 odd years riding like an absolute lunatic.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ducati monster? Which model. I personally think their shit but each to their own. 2016 R1, 2018 S1000RR, 2014 RSV4 APRC been my latest road/track bikes but I don’t ride anymore because I managed to stay alive for 20 odd years riding like an absolute lunatic.
Any model I love them all. There kind of retro looking aswell

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
The monster is a good bike, but typical ducati- can turn into a bit of a money pit.

Not really my sort of thing; I've currently got a victory gunner & vf1100c. I've had pretty much all "classes" of bike over the years - but my preference is for muscle bikes & power cruisers.

Currently considering adding another to the collection; I've always wanted an MT01 but the Indian ftr1200 is also looking attractive! Not mention the aprillia turouno...

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
CBR600RR
CBR1000RR Repsol race SC59.
CBR1000R

no particular reason i stuck to honda, always loved the look of the old Yamaha R6 and R1 with those angel eyes.

To old and grumpy for a bike now, if you're going slower than me you're a 'slow prick' if your going faster than me you're a 'dangerous prick'......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
But that rattle from Ducati’s makes them sound like a bag of nails!
Only ever had one Ducati I wouldn’t have another plus the monster is the poor man’s one. Cheap tube steel frame, no fairing old SS engines. Prettt much same as the wanky old Suzuki bandits
I had a Monster 1200 Stripe until it got nicked. Wouldn't call it a poor man's choice. Had a ball with it.

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
426 Posts
I had a Monster 1200 Stripe until it got nicked. Wouldn't call it a poor man's choice. Had a ball with it.
Nowt wrong with it being a cheap bike, they did wgat Suzuki did with the bandit to use up stock of old obsolete engines. Just did a cheap naked bike with cheap tubular steel frame. It worked for Suzuki and for Ducati because people bought them.

You don’t need an expensive bike to have fun either

1 - 17 of 17 Posts