UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DNP on cruises crew
12,937 Posts
I have a widely varied taste in music and Liquid DnB is one of my fave genres. Definitely prefer the more ambient type of track (e.g. Bachelors or Science, Hybrid Minds) than the electronic kind of sound (e.g. Netski).

Top 3 tracks of all time would be:
Grafix - Devotion
S.P.Y. - By Your Side
Bachelors of Science - Wicked Ways

·
Spartan Warrior
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a widely varied taste in music and Liquid DnB is one of my fave genres. Definitely prefer the more ambient type of track (e.g. Bachelors or Science, Hybrid Minds) than the electronic kind of sound (e.g. Netski).

Top 3 tracks of all time would be:
Grafix - Devotion
S.P.Y. - By Your Side
Bachelors of Science - Wicked Ways
Will give them a listen now mate, cheers

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Anyone a lover of DnB?

What's your favourite sub genre and favourite tunes?

I love minimal, liquid mostly but like it all :)
Yes. Been into it since I was a kid.
Back then it was Goldies Timeless album, Kemistry & Storm DJ Kicks, Roni Size' album with Brownpaper bag on it (reprazent?) Some DJ Krust too.
Then I got into DJing it in around 2006 on vinyl. Initially I liked lots of goodlooking records liquid stuff then over the years since then I've really got into the stuff from 1993 to 1996ish, so more like jungle.
In that time I have bought new releases too but mainly I prefer the 94-95 drum edit heavy jungle with ambient and ragga samples.

Sometimes I trek to London to go to Rupture which is a 3 room Funktion 1 equipped night with all the best underground DJs. Usually lots of producers there to chat to too, myself included. Would like to go to something more mainstream too though like jungle mania.

Had a couple of my tunes released on vinyl end of last year which was cool and earned a few hundred quid from it as well as a couple of copies, one to frame for the wall :)

·
Spartan Warrior
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes. Been into it since I was a kid.
Back then it was Goldies Timeless album, Kemistry & Storm DJ Kicks, Roni Size' album with Brownpaper bag on it (reprazent?) Some DJ Krust too.
Then I got into DJing it in around 2006 on vinyl. Initially I liked lots of goodlooking records liquid stuff then over the years since then I've really got into the stuff from 1993 to 1996ish, so more like jungle.
In that time I have bought new releases too but mainly I prefer the 94-95 drum edit heavy jungle with ambient and ragga samples.

Sometimes I trek to London to go to Rupture which is a 3 room Funktion 1 equipped night with all the best underground DJs. Usually lots of producers there to chat to too, myself included. Would like to go to something more mainstream too though like jungle mania.

Had a couple of my tunes released on vinyl end of last year which was cool and earned a few hundred quid from it as well as a couple of copies, one to frame for the wall :)
Love that man!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes I have them I got this on vinyl I’m one of them people old skool 😂 in the loft so many tape packs from back in the day

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
what was the names if you dont mind me asking
Yes I have them I got this on vinyl I’m one of them people old skool 😂 in the loft so many tape packs from back in the day
Love the way this one of logical progression changes gear at 3:35. That was a trick which had largedly died out by 1996 I think... so many of the older tunes were almost like a mini mix.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Honestly so many millennial members! No wonder it seems like it’s snowing with so many snowflakes ❄
It's often said that age 25-40 are the best years for bodybuilding, the millenial generation pretty much fits exactly into that age bracket now. Could be a factor? Bit off topic tho :)

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Goldie's album "Timeless" is the all time best drum n bass album and tunes for me. Guy's a musical genius.
Definitely a master piece, don't forget rob playford who did all the programming though! I know it's cheesy but sea of tears on Timeless really makes my snowflake drip.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts