UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Boooom!
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a DR's appointment booked for this week, and I havent been to the DR's for years.

I'm going as I have had a very chesty cough for a few months now, full of flem and my nose seems to be constantly blocked. TodayI woke up and it's as though my right ear has popped (like on an plane) and I can't get it to unpop.

I would say that I have never been able to breath freely through my nose for the past 2 years, and I used to suffer from nosebleeds.

Recently, I have been getting the odd one or two, but nothing major.

I am now 3 weeks into my first Cycle of Test Cyp shooting 250MG per week, and I am wondering if this could be anything to do with it?

Do I not tell my DR this when I go for my appointment?

Cheers.

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
If you've had this for a couple of months and only been running Cyp for 3 weeks mate, why do you think it has anything to do with it?

As for should you inform your GP that you're on Test... You can if you like, not like it's illegal. I don't see how this would help with your diagnosis though, if anything it may hinder it.

·
Boooom!
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sylar, I worded that wrong mate, thanks for clarifying.

I know the Cyp will have nothing to do with it, I was just wondering if I should keep that from my DR. And if he does need to know, should I ask if he can keep it off my record?

My aunt and cousin have been living with me for the past 3 months, and they have brought two cats and a dog. I think that this may be a contributing factor, as I may have an allergy to them? Maybe working 65 hours a week is not helping me either!

·
Boooom!
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just fed up of waking up in the morning with a bloked nose, and not being able to breath freely! It is quite frustrating!

·
i need to lose fat and gain muscle
84 Posts
sound to me u have a reaction to the cats and dog m8 i get it my self if am around cats some times if feels like ya out of breath aand hard to breath and wesy

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
Sounds like it's the pets then mate, the time frame fits. The doctor will probably just give you antihistamines.

I wouldn't say anything about the Cyp, he doesn't need to know.

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
YOu had a chesty cough and you started a cycle? :confused1:

No need to tell your Doc, it wont help his diagnosis and he will just treat your symptoms, possibly give you anti-biotics.

Cycles lower your immune system,(dont care what anyone says about Tests role in it) hope you were taking lots of immune boosting supplements with that gear, if not, start now.

SD

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Sounds like a cold you've not been able to shake off, maybe a little fluid in the inner ear too, I have lots of probs with my ears and get this reguarly, not nice.

·
back on track for 2011
2,638 Posts
Trouble is if you tell the doctor you take gear he will say ... thats why your ill

already one person on this thread said gear lowers your immune system ..... where is the research that found that ???????? i dont even know how you would attempt to conduct a piece of research that compared two groups for levels of illness and infections based upon one using steroids and one not ???

much of the medical research form steroids and bodybuilding comes from doctors using retrospective reporting .... i.e you go to doctor coz your ill .. you tell him you take gear ... he reports that there is a link ??????

i ruptured my achilles two years ago playing basketball and the doctor said it was due to steroid use weakening the tendon and not keeping pace with muscle growth (my calves are tiny lol)

when i asked how many achilles injuries he had seen that year he said about 20 .. i asked how many took steroids and he said none only you

i asked what caused their injuries and he said a suddden traumatic overload of the muscle .... so i asked why didnt that cause mine

he said coz u take streroids ur tendon was weakend ....wtf ?????????????

·
Banned
5,946 Posts
ShaunMc said:
Trouble is if you tell the doctor you take gear he will say ... thats why your ill

already one person on this thread said gear lowers your immune system ..... where is the research that found that ???????? i dont even know how you would attempt to conduct a piece of research that compared two groups for levels of illness and infections based upon one using steroids and one not ???

much of the medical research form steroids and bodybuilding comes from doctors using retrospective reporting .... i.e you go to doctor coz your ill .. you tell him you take gear ... he reports that there is a link ??????

i ruptured my achilles two years ago playing basketball and the doctor said it was due to steroid use weakening the tendon and not keeping pace with muscle growth (my calves are tiny lol)

when i asked how many achilles injuries he had seen that year he said about 20 .. i asked how many took steroids and he said none only you

i asked what caused their injuries and he said a suddden traumatic overload of the muscle .... so i asked why didnt that cause mine

I have no faith in doctors mate, it's pot luck - like going for IT support, you may get someone decent but chances are it's a muppet... Same thing.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
ShaunMc said:

I agree with that Shaun, telling them about gear already gives them 90% of the diagnosis, even though its [email protected]

·
5,868 Posts
ShaunMc said:
Not everything in life requires a double blind placebo controlled study to be true my friend.

My observation was based on RL experience, the only thing that really counts IMHO, a few studies would have been nice too though if I could be bothered to search pub med.

SD

·
back on track for 2011
2,638 Posts
SportDr said:
Not everything in life requires a double blind placebo controlled study to be true my friend.

My observation was based on RL experience, the only thing that really counts IMHO, a few studies would have been nice too though if I could be bothered to search pub med.

SD
true mate .....but erroneous conclusions can be drawn from real life experiences .. just lookout the window and everyone can see the world is flat in fact if you said otherwise you would have been condemned once upon a time

i have so many mates say "i got a cold this week coz i started gear " .. yes but every other person has a cold this week too ??? its winter coming thats what happens

·
5,868 Posts
I never get a cold as a rule, whenever I start a cycle during cold season I get one guaranteed.

I took a year off and didnt get one cold, started again and got one within three weeks, anecdotal but compelling all the same.

I take extra vit C ,which appears to help and would recommend anyone to do the same.

SD

·
Boooom!
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I do not smoke.

I work the doors aswell, and I'm wondering if that could be linked to the ear problem.

·
Boooom!
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well Guys,

I had my checkup today, and it seems that I have very bad polyps, and rhinitis.

I have been given this steroid spray, which I need to be taking for the next few months, and possibly for ever if it persists.

My blood pressure was checked, and he said it is at 126 over 60, which he said is very good?

However, I have to go back on Friday for a blood test. I'm not worried about the test itself, but is there anything that may be different to normal as I am using at the moment?

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
mrbez said:
Well Guys,

I had my checkup today, and it seems that I have very bad polyps, and rhinitis.

I have been given this steroid spray, which I need to be taking for the next few months, and possibly for ever if it persists.

My blood pressure was checked, and he said it is at 126 over 60, which he said is very good?

However, I have to go back on Friday for a blood test. I'm not worried about the test itself, but is there anything that may be different to normal as I am using at the moment?
Polyps, depending where you have them require some small surgery to have them removed, Ive had them on my eardrums in both ears which ended up perforating them, which isn't good, the doctor should refer you to the ENT at hospital tbh.

·
Can sort of still be ar$ed with this game
1,218 Posts
Depends what blood tests Mr Bez.

Did they give you a form with some boxes ticked?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts