UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dance like nobodys watching....Fcuk like your bein
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Towards the end of my bulking cycle i will be doing 50mg Winstrol ED for 3 week and 100mg Prop EOD for 3 weeks.....i know that i simply will not be able to inject everyday. So, i heard that you can drink it? has anyone tried it? does it still work?

I can only assume that it will not be as good as injecting it but will you still see results?

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
Don't taste so great but drinking it is fine, you will get all manner of posts saying blah bio-availibity this and that but TBH there's not a great deal of difference, i did post in depth on the bio mechanics of this once so take little notice of any "guru" links/articles and just get it down ya mate.

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
Suitelf11 said:
Perfectly fine to drink it (it's a 17aa), but when you drink it, it passes the liver twice, instead of once, so it's somewhat harder on the liver.
Actually it makes no difference, hepatoxicity is the same which ever route it's administered, it's still 17aa whether injected or drank :) .

·
100+ kg
828 Posts
mars1960 said:
Actually it makes no difference, hepatoxicity is the same which ever route it's administered, it's still 17aa whether injected or drank :) .
Hm, I've always been in the illusion that intramuscular had the advantage over oral because of only passing the liver once.

Edit:

Best thing I found on the internet as I'm still doubting

First pass metabolism can occur in both the gut and the liver, and where this happens can vary with different drugs. First pass metabolism actually occurs in your gut for some drugs and in the liver for others. Once it has been metabolized, it enters the bloodstream. It's important to note that when a blood is metabolized in the Gastrointestinal tract, the blood leaving the Gastrointestinal tract does not go right to the heart, but actually still passes through liver via the hepatic portal vein and then ultimately returns to circulation via the hepatic vein. The liver is your body's filtration unit, and removes large quantities of nutrients, dangerous toxins (or fun toxins, depending on what they are) and other substances from the blood.

So as you can see, when you take an oral steroid such as Winstrol, undergoes a first-pass metabolism in the both the intestines as well as liver. Some drugs can be absorbed more or less totally intact, after only moderate metabolic activity, while some are absorbed only after very extensive metabolic activity. Once it is through this first pass, a given drug then circulates in the blood until it is acquired by another tissue, such as skeletal muscle. Now, if the drug reaches the liver again, it may undergo what is cleverly known as "second-pass" metabolism. Of course, in the case of Winstrol, an injectable version is available, and when we compare the oral and injectable versions of Winstrol and their effects in your body, I think there's some surprising differences. The injectable is (naturally) put right into your bloodstream and only undergoes the far less extensive second pass metabolism, while the oral must endure the gut and liver on it's first pass before ending up in circulation.
Source: http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/anthony-roberts/winstrol-oral-versus-injectable.htm

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
Suitelf11 said:
Still in doubt. :)
How did i miss this?

No because and Peter (BC) is quite knowledgeable there is a very common misconception in your quote.

Under the highlighted part it says "while the oral must endure the gut and liver on it's first pass before ending up in circulation"

Not true in the case of oral stanozolol as it's chemical composition is hydrophilic and undergoes the first pass after it's been absorbed into the blood stream.

Let me explain:

The bioavailability of a Stanozolol (F) after oral administration is described in general by the following relationship. F= fa x fg x fh where fa,fg,fh are the fractions of intact drug absorbed (fa) that escape irreversible elimination as a drug passes sequentially from the gastrointestinal tract, across the gut wall (fg), and traverses the liver (fh) into the systemic circulation.

Ingested or injected stanozolol has the same hepatotoxicity :) .

·
100+ kg
828 Posts
scouse_jay said:
is there anything else you can drink? might neck my test e tonight now
Sure, you can drink your test e, but bioavailability is like real low. :tongue:

dannw said:
Why do people inject if you can simply drink it?
To save the liver, most people (including me) thought that injecting it would bypass first-pass metabolism, so reduced hepatotoxicity.

Mars1960 you should write a full in depth article about it so people stop thinking it's less hepatotoxic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.