UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GET HENCH OR DIE TRYING !
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have poridge oats in my protien shake before and after the the gym, but was just wondering if any one knew if dinking them like this, un cooked if ya like is the same nutritionally as eating them when done with milk in the micro-wave or on a hob? The reason is i struggle to eat 100g of oats in the morning with all my other stuff and wanted to have 50g bowl of poridge and drink the other 50g.

This is on my mind at the moment after my recent post on drinking raw eggs and the body not being able to digest the raw whites properly.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. :)

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Nutritionally they are the same but the absorbtion time will differ with drinking them powdered, or eating them whole but i dont find it makes much difference. I drink all of mine.

·
www.maximumsports-nutrition.com
71 Posts
depending of the rest of your diet id be tempted to go for malto or if you have time eat get some white rice and fish down you, both fast digesting and will power your workouts, i always eat that solid meal before training.

all the best

max

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.