UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so im doing well ( for me anyway ) at dieting and working out however I found myself in a shop today buying a half bottle of whisky for tonight as a treat :beer:

I bought it because I love whisky, but I usually drink red wine ( 2-3 bottles in a night ) or beer ( 6-12 pints usually, tennents super or stella ) in a night. I used to do this every night for years....

What is the best drink for when on a diet and is whisky ( straight ) that bad ?

·
Looking Freaky
673 Posts
Wow, you're drinking quite a lot, well a lot for a bodybuilder lol.

If you can stick to a diet without cheating and allow for the alcohol in your daily calorie allowance, then I imagine it wont slow you down that much. Drinking usually causes a dieter problems because of the effects of alcohol, and the need for comfort food the next day!

In answer to your question though, vodka and diet coke is a pretty good alternative when dieting.

·
"Each workout is like a brick in a building,every
8,318 Posts
Try drinking once a week if you can.

I used to be a heavy drinker like yourself,but am virtually tee total now(3 times this year)

Booze has loads of negatives when dieting

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter V said:
Wow, you're drinking quite a lot, well a lot for a bodybuilder lol.

If you can stick to a diet without cheating and allow for the alcohol in your daily calorie allowance, then I imagine it wont slow you down that much. Drinking usually causes a dieter problems because of the effects of alcohol, and the need for comfort food the next day!

In answer to your question though, vodka and diet coke is a pretty good alternative when dieting.
I was drinking a lot, time to wise up a bit lol

I have decided a half bottle once or twice a week is my limit now so long as its not going to mess up dieting too much :)

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DanB said:
Thats some serious alcoholism there pal.
I blame living in scotland lol

But yeah, it was getting out of hand for a while, been a lot better lately and I think it was probably the cause of my unfitness/fat tbh.

I do like a drink tho, and dont want to be 100% t-total, maybe one day :)

·
Extreme Labs Ambassador
11,577 Posts
bert1 said:
Ok, so im doing well ( for me anyway ) at dieting and working out however I found myself in a shop today buying a half bottle of whisky for tonight as a treat :beer:

I bought it because I love whisky, but I usually drink red wine ( 2-3 bottles in a night ) or beer ( 6-12 pints usually, tennents super or stella ) in a night. I used to do this every night for years....

What is the best drink for when on a diet and is whisky ( straight ) that bad ?
I think your on the wrong web site mate. You need the AA (not the breakdown recovery)

·
Gym Addict
224 Posts
i used to drink when i was younger i would have 2 bottles of sherry and then go pick my little brother up from school haha. but that was a long, long time ago when i was just drinking through boredom was never an alchi though cause i could just say stop and then i would for like 3-4 months at a time so. i think drinking is terrible because these days i find it hard to eat when i have a stomach full of beer. nuff said.

·
For 5% off at myprotein.co.uk use code MP15618462
1,360 Posts
I assume your not drinking every night now then?

If that's the case I think the odd vodka and diet lemonade/coke won't hurt

If you are still drinking heavily, your problem is giving up the drink, not what to drink.

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PowerHouseMcGru said:
I think your on the wrong web site mate. You need the AA (not the breakdown recovery)
Im not an alchy lol, just enjoyed myself a bit in the past years. I am not drinking beer ect now and surely a once a week dram isnt that bad ?

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jungle said:
I assume your not drinking every night now then?

If that's the case I think the odd vodka and diet lemonade/coke won't hurt

If you are still drinking heavily, your problem is giving up the drink, not what to drink.
nono, sorry I didnt make it 100% clear in my first post.

Ihavnt had a drink for over a week and have been buying for the last 2 months a half bottle and a 24 pack for the month.

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Khaos said:
stella is the devils drink...they call it "wife-beater" in London
yeah we call it that as well, try tennents super lol 9%

but I think maybe my wife might have been right all this time....i do drink too much, especially by the comments here :(

a half bottle a week at the most from now on :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.