UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the ma
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Right i wondering if any of you can help me here.

I am booked on my door supervisors course in a few weeks time which i paid £170 for.. Its a week long course at my local college.

When i pass the course i then have to apply for my SIA licence and pay i further £200+ .

The SIA Will be doing a CRB check on me and i`m a bit worried i might fail this . my last offence was criminal damage in 2007 and been a good boy since then . I did 15mnths jail in 2000 also .. does anyone on here have any knowledge regarding CRB Checks etc.. ?

Thanks Stuart.

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
standardflexer said:
They really only check for common assault, abh and gbh. violent crimes...

What was the jail time for?
3mnths for common assault

12mnths witness intimidation

15 months in total.

It was back in 2000 so 10 year ago mate .

do they go back that far ???

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gumballdom said:
best phone up the sia and ask them just to be sure, because if you get denied a licence becuase of your crb they dont refund the money.
Have tried that and they told me they not the ones that make the final decision, its the CRB.. So all i can do is pay and hope for the best..

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
najybomb said:
gone down in price! was two hundred and fifty when i paid for my licence!
Yeah mate it still is about that just not got the paperwork with me here £200+ i said .

What ya reckon about the crb?

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
i think you can appeal decisions if they dont let you. also lets be honest, your going to get it. i know a few doorman ive worked with whove seriously smashed people up been arrested and charged etc, and the sia was notified and their licences werent revoked. sia might be in charge but theyre pretty lax from what i know of dealing with them.

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
najybomb said:
i think you can appeal decisions if they dont let you. also lets be honest, your going to get it. i know a few doorman ive worked with whove seriously smashed people up been arrested and charged etc, and the sia was notified and their licences werent revoked. sia might be in charge but theyre pretty lax from what i know of dealing with them.
well that sounds promising then :D .

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
oh i tell you what though, dont get your hopes for actually getting hold of your licence anytime soon after applying for it. theyre fcuking cnuts to actually get it to you. some people have had to wait a year, mine was around six months, and then you get these dicks on the phone when you enquire about where the hell it is. apparently it MIGHT of got better though, but like anything i doubt it!

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
6 mnths - the cnuts..... right completely off the subject how do i change the newbie trainer bit under my name on here ???

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.