UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BALLS TO THE WALL
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title does your job effect your training my last was working as a lead flasher carrying 30kg or more rolls of lead up ladders and big lumps of lead over roofs around 80kg was a very demanding job at the end of the day i was beat and found it really hard to drag my self to the gym anyone have a physically demanding job does it effect your training?

·
4,532 Posts
Yeah mine effects it in different ways though, not physically demanding but I often work 16 - 18hr days so just don't get time, unless i sacrifice in sleep then I'm too knackered! I built a gym in the garage so i can chuck a workout in whenever i can which makes it easier!! Do you struggle to train now?

·
Future Mr.O
664 Posts
yeah sometimes, being a carpet fitter im always lifting heavy stuff allday at work and like today ripping up carpet that is stuck to the floor very hard graft and very tiring doing it 3 hours none stop dont really feel like it after some days

·
Gym Addict
168 Posts
Not at the moment, I just work a standard 9-5:30 in an office.

Soon I'm starting a new job though, where I'll be working all over the country staying in hotels monday-friday, it's going to be a struggle to go to the gym and get my diet right.

·
Blessed by Mother Nature, Cursed by Father Time!
1,733 Posts
Not at all, probably helps....Work 5 on 5 off, away from home when working so just work, eat, sleep, train. Then when doing 5 off can go to the gym whenever I like.

·
Beware, black belt keybord warrior!
1,055 Posts
DJ every weekend & the free beer is hard to avoid, done this for years & trying to drink less...

Is hard to stay sober with pi$$ed up clientelle but getting there after using this site as motivation, cheers all!

·
Newbie Trainer
3 Posts
I reckon so, i'm a postie so i have to jog/walk for at least a couple of hours a day, 5days a week, with a 15-20kg bag on my back! What i'm scared of is:- 1) undoing all the hard work in the gym by doing too much cardio and 2) not getting enough sleep as i struggle to get to sleep before 10PM and having to wake at 5AM (dunno why i woke up at 4AM today!? f*** sh!£ [email protected]&£$)

Anyone know if it has to be 8hours continuous or does sleeping for a few hours during the day suffice with say 6 or so hours at night

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
I dont have a job atm but currently doing work experience yest today and tomos for a company that might give me a job, was up early yest started at 8 finished at 4.45 and was still alright in the gym considering i was working non stop all day, think the effort depends on if your heads in the game or not, only thing is getting there is a bitch! Sitting in the train station atm waitin on the 7 oclock train with a can of monster cause im nackered haha but there is a guy there that stays near me so hopefully can get a lift from him if i get the job! Which means up at 6 instead of 5 lol

Re above post, you dont need to get exactly 8 hours, just enough for you to feel fresh, i find if i get at least 6 hours then im fine like yest but today only got 5 due to organising food last night too late but aint got the gym tonight so itl be all good that way! But if you wanted to get some naps during the day then why not :)

·
"Each workout is like a brick in a building,every
8,318 Posts
It could do if I let it.

I'm up at 2am & home at 5pm(Fri-Mon) bed at 7:30/8:00pm

My split is

Mon legs

Tues chest tri

Thur back bi

Fri shoulders

60g whey 30g dex 10g taurine when I get in then train 30 mins later.

works a treat.

You only think ya too tired when in fact you've plenty in the tank :thumbup1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.