·
Newbie Trainer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys who think there big when there not

guys who say theyll compete but never do

guys who think they know it all but dont change from year to year

guys who take tons of gear but dont look any different

guys who think the gear is doing the work for you when you do a heavy lift, not realising your eating every 2 hrs geting in 500 grams carbs and 350 grams protein and 8-10 hrs sleep

guys who think there strong but do half reps haha

guys who wear vests when only on gear and t shirts coz cant keep there gains when off haha

·
Getting HUGE!
1,896 Posts
what about the preening ****er who manages to take up two machines at a time and when you ask him if he could hurry up as hes been usiong both for 10 mins he just looks at you as if you are nothing...

·
HEAD AR5E INSPECTOR UKM
2,470 Posts
edge said:
used to have lot of these in gym, but nt so much anymore.

edge said:
yeh quite a few lads say this, but lack the commitment to see it through to the end.

edge said:
yeh plenty of guys i know have been same size for bloody ages! some since school!!

edge said:
yeh we have one guy in gym we call the abuser the amount of gear he uses is simply phenomenol for his size.. yet he never gets above 14st

edge said:
guys who think the gear is doing the work for you when you do a heavy lift, not realising your eating every 2 hrs geting in 500 grams carbs and 350 grams protein and 8-10 hrs sleep
this is just inexperience.. our gyms pretty good like that, theres signs up all over the place: if your stuck for info on training just ask!!

edge said:
yeh got some fat skin heads in gym that do this on most there exercises.

edge said:
guys who wear vests when only on gear and t shirts coz cant keep there gains when off haha
never really kept to close an eye on what people are wearing more just there ar5es in the shower!!!

·
1,648 Posts
edge said:

I think you get all of this in every gym mate to be honest

·
210lbs and rising
765 Posts
To be honest I very rarely notice this breed of gym jerk. For 50 mins of the day I am in my own little world, all I think about is iron and how much of this element I can move up and down. My intensity is so high that I constantly have tunnel vision / on the verge of blacking out. Amen

·
Dieting :(
2,821 Posts
Get all of that in my gym. Just joined a new one and it's full of scallies!

Hate the half rep thing. Most of these goons give me dirty looks as I do my weights with proper form, then they jump on a bench, grab a ridiculous weight, and either half rep it, or use down right dangerous form. I sometimes think they might be doing partials, but I don't even think they'd know what that meant!

·
Little Lion
12,516 Posts
Beklet said:
Probably, but I'm unsociable and don't really talk to anyone in there so I'm oblivious to it :lol:
hehe ditto

what I DO notice though is people who collect all the dumbells round them and when you ask if theyre using the ones they need they glare at you and say "yes" even though theyre not, and couldnt possibly be using 12 pairs of dumbells at once anyway...... :cursing:

(AND besides that.... what are guys doing using the same weights as me anyway... fecking gimps hahaha :laugh:)

·
Live in the Now
3,130 Posts
weve covered this before, i had a massive list.

but now id say

1)people training in big groups, winds me up--usually when they are in my way

2)people with no concept of were they are in relation to the dumbells ive got hovering over my head-- i lie there thinking-- 'if he touches my dumbells and ****s my set up im going to ram it down his neck'

think it boils down to peoplehaving some bloody consideration of others--which is what lacks in society as a whole today.

·
Phoenix Supplements
1,866 Posts
This defo goes on in every gym! But they are the least of your worries...what about the nut jobs???

ie. Sweat flinging, dumbell smashing, jobby on flooring, cat pish smelling twerps - you know the ones that leave a puddle of sweat behind them when they have finished on equipment and look peeved when you ask them to clean it up! We have one guy who swears by 3 pork pies before a workout (he's the one that smells of catpish!) and then never loses any weight....mmm I wonder why! :rolleyes:

·
2,821 Posts
What is it with the people who insist on walking (very closely) past you as you're doing side laterals, flies etc, even though there is plenty of room, and they can clearly see that they are getting in your way. You either have to pause your set, or smack them with the weight. I might start going for the second option :cursing:

·
Phoenix Supplements
1,866 Posts
pastanchicken said:
What is it with the people who insist on walking (very closely) past you as you're doing side laterals, flies etc, even though there is plenty of room, and they can clearly see that they are getting in your way. You either have to pause your set, or smack them with the weight. I might start going for the second option :cursing:
I would just start cracking them round the head with them anyway - they will soon learn not to invade your space when training! Seriously bad gym etiquette! It makes me mad!! :cursing: :cursing:

Sorry guys - Im mega cranky today! I feel sorry for anyone who gets in my way at the gym tonight!!! :tongue:

·
Accepts nothing less than victory
681 Posts
Yes all of the above.

One of the worst cases ive seen was these two guys who used to train together on bench they used 140k but one was benching while the other was deadlifting there was that much spotting going on, i saw one of them once train on his own and could barely do 60k without any assistance.

·
2,821 Posts
dawse said:
I would just start cracking them round the head with them anyway - they will soon learn not to invade your space when training! Seriously bad gym etiquette! It makes me mad!! :cursing: :cursing:

Sorry guys - Im mega cranky today! I feel sorry for anyone who gets in my way at the gym tonight!!! :tongue:
Might give that a go, really winds me up!! :2guns:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts