UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
36 Posts
I hope so. It's about time they started rewarding athletes based on other aspects rather than just pure size/mass.

I've always aspired to the physiques of guys like Shawn Ray for example, who competed in the 200-210lb region, yet IMO had a much more pleasing and balanced physique than some of the so called mass monsters.

I have nothing but respect for the likes of Jay Cutler, Ronnie and Dorian - or any other one of the bigger guys. But to me bodybuilding isn't just about size and I think you have to be realistic about it both from a health standpoint and a practical sense (the amount of calories you need to consume each day just to maintain that amount of mass..etc.).

I think too many bodybuilders are maybe going to extreme measure in a quest to getting big beyond a reasonable doubt and it ultimately ends up ruining either their health or their physique on a whole.

It also depends on your height and genetic build. Someone like me standing at 5ft 6 would look huge at 200lbs, where as someone who is 6ft 2 probably wouldn't.

I think Dexter definitely deserved the win this year, but I had Cutler way behind second place TBH. Nothing against the guy, just I think he's been playing the size game for all those years trying to dethrone Ronnie and I think it's ruined his overall look somewhat. Much respect to the guy though, he seems like a great spokesman for the sport and obviously worked extremely hard to achieve what he has.

·
dude i'm hungry
513 Posts
Dexter, not COMPLETELY sure if he deserved the win, but i recon so,

i think Heath should have come above Cutler..even though i'll get shot for

thinking that :whistling: and Wolf Im not sure, i think he looks amazin' but i cant

really place him in my mind

·
HULK SMASH!!!
8,498 Posts
Its "BODYBUILDING" if you want nice lines and aesthetics go read mens health.

I want awesome freaky size and mass, someone that looks like a cartoon character, something that is completely un-achievable by the normal masses...

Dorian, coleman, rhul and now wolf, freeman etc...

who wants to see 210lb guy when there are ripped 300lb guys around.

Go watch a swimming gala if thats your thing PMSL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.