UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ukbff have a newish class for men, there is a weight limit depending on your height which means you cant be too big just ripped and shapely.

just wondered if nabba had the equivalent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vince thanks for the replies...

why do you say it's struggling to take off as I see it it is becoming quite popular?? :confused1:

anyway, i want to compete in that as i feel i have quite a classic shape (narrow waist etc etc)..... and not enough mass to compete in the first timers, nor do i particularly want that look.... i am 5'11" so for me to do well in the mens i would need to be either heavy or light heavy and i think this is slightly unrealistic for me at this time in my development.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the detailed answers vince they are very helpful

yeah i know some people see the classics as a class for people who arent good enough for the first timers, and in some cases that is true,

but i dont want/have that mass yet but i still want to compete

i am about 94-95 kg now so with a bit more size i could diet to perfection for the classics, though i appreciate you have to be ripped to the bone

·
Newbie Trainer
199 Posts
PompyMan said:
thanks for the detailed answers vince they are very helpful

yeah i know some people see the classics as a class for people who arent good enough for the first timers, and in some cases that is true,

but i dont want/have that mass yet but i still want to compete

i am about 94-95 kg now so with a bit more size i could diet to perfection for the classics, though i appreciate you have to be ripped to the bone
Hi PompyMan,

as Vince said you can try the Classic class with Ukbff, or the Athletic class with NAC.

There are 2 NAC shows in UK, one in June(World qualifier) & another one in November:

NAC Open British Championship

Sunday 16th November 2008

Qualifier for Universe Saturday 29th Nov in Hamburg, Germany!

Middleton Civic Center,

Fountain Street,

Middleton,

Manchester.

Pre-judging & show @4pm.

For further information, contact NAC UK rep Eugene Laviscount:

(01706) 6002237 or 07980141152

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vince said:
Well considering that roumor has it that there won't be a first timers anymore maybe more ppl will go into this class.

94-95kg is a good off season weight, that's another factor to consider all the best classic BBers don't really bulk to more than 5-6kg over their comp weight if they already are on the class limit plus starting the diet lean give them a better chance to get that ripped look without losing muscle, as some of them are natural.

Good luck with that it's gonna be fun and if you need anything feel free to ask
thanks again vince thats very nice of you.

i have competed as a junior before (4 times) in both nabba twice and ukbff twice.

it would be a shame if there was no first timers, i think there is room for both classes. worked out the right weight group, i am limited to 85kg so that means i have about 10 to lose... dont know what bf i am at currently but i have outline of abs (when they are pumped and i am hungry lol)

i am not natural or i would just enter bnbf contests... although i have mucho respect for them it is not the look i am one day aiming for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Malika said:
Hi PompyMan,

as Vince said you can try the Classic class with Ukbff, or the Athletic class with NAC.

There are 2 NAC shows in UK, one in June(World qualifier) & another one in November:

Middleton Civic Center,

Fountain Street,

Middleton,

Manchester.

Pre-judging & show @4pm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Malika said:
Hi PompyMan,

Middleton Civic Center,

Fountain Street,

Middleton,

Manchester.

Pre-judging & show @4pm.

thanks malika,

is the open nac on the 16th june??

i have seen the photos of the one guy who entered it this year and with respect to him i think i could comfortably stand alongside someone of that caliber and compete.

i do have one question though, although i am familiar with ukbff rules/procedures.... for the athletic class do you have to have an 'athletic' routine or is it a normal bodybuilding routine?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the link VINCE, yeah thats me at about 94-95kg a month ago, i am a few pounds heavier now (just started 2nd cycle)

think i am going to aim for nac show next year

thanks for all your help

·
Newbie Trainer
199 Posts
PompyMan said:
thanks malika,

is the open nac on the 16th june??

i have seen the photos of the one guy who entered it this year and with respect to him i think i could comfortably stand alongside someone of that caliber and compete.

i do have one question though, although i am familiar with ukbff rules/procedures.... for the athletic class do you have to have an 'athletic' routine or is it a normal bodybuilding routine?
Not sure if it's end of May or June: it's usually 1-2 weeks before the NAC World which will be in Holland next year...

The Athletic routine is the same as bb, as the compulsories, but Athletic competitors do not perform the Most Muscular, so I guess you should not include it in your routine.

If you need more information on the NAC UK shows, just call Eugene! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.