UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
241 - 260 of 407 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Had another solid 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night and my stomach felt calm and settled. Keep in mind I was up every 1.5-2 hours last week, shitting through the eye of a needle. I think the Prednisolone must be having some effect and no side effects so far, so this is positive.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 · (Edited)
For Consistent Progress & Longevity

A few people have asked how I structure my blasts and cruises so put this post together. I don’t think I’m an expert or anything, not trying to act like any sort of guru but this is just how I personally set things up to minimise risk/damage to health.

Blasting & Gaining

I go for 8-14 weeks. I use moderate Test, ideally a dose I can get away with either no AI or a very low dose (300-600mg). If I use an injectable alongside the Test, I prefer something milder. I don’t run Tren during the blast now because I’m usually in a surplus trying to gain muscle/strength and it impacts my sleep and digestion which is counterproductive. If I run an oral, I’ll do it in bursts of 6-8 weeks at a low dose and prefer something like Anavar/Turinabol as they are milder. Anadrol and Superdrol cause loss of appetite and lethargy which again, is counterproductive. I usually run some TUDCA and NAC if I run an oral. I aim to be in a moderate surplus throughout as I aim to gain muscle during my blast. I don’t see much point in running multiple compounds with a deficit unless it’s for something specific which I’ll cover later. I keep the surplus moderate as gaining a ton of weight quickly spikes my blood pressure, gives me sleep apnea and I just prefer to keep a leaner look as there’s less tidying up to do afterwards. I do cardio throughout (5+ sessions a week) as it helps with general health, keeps my blood pressure in check and improves my appetite. I always get bloods from MediChecks at the end to see which markers are out of whack. I don’t use GH because I can’t justify the cost and I don’t use insulin because I prefer to be able to be flexible with my diet and when I eat. Ideally I will eat mostly clean foods but I can get away with eating some junk and fitting it in to my daily intake.

Cruising

I run 150mg Test E a week for 8-12 weeks. I use OTC supplements to help address any markers from bloods that are out of range. I continue with the cardio sessions. My calorie intake will be a very small deficit to tidy up any unwanted fat or water I gained during the blast (usually very little). I get bloods from MediChecks towards the end of the cruise and make sure all key markers are in a good place before blasting again, meaning I can start the blast lean, fit and as healthy as can be as a gear head. I try to eat cleaner foods as they are more filling and I would rather not feel hungry all day.

Blasting & Peaking

Let’s say I’ve got a holiday coming up or want to look good for a one off event or whatever. I’ll do exactly what I do for a cruise until I get lean enough to see the visual effects of any hardening compounds I decide to include and then will add them for a very short duration of 3-4 weeks to peak. The reason being, they’ll make little to no impact going from say 12-10% because I can retain my muscle on Test alone and it means I’m on them for a short duration which won’t impact bloods as much. I will use a low dose of Tren, maybe some Mast and if I use a harsher oral, it’ll be at half the dose you see most people starting on for just 3-4 weeks. I use NAC/TUDCA while on the orals. I don’t use any fat-burners because I don’t like the side effects and can cut to as lean as I like to be with calorie restriction and cardio alone. Blood work at the end as per a regular blast. Health markers usually end up similar to a regular blast even though I use harsher compounds because I only do so for a short period of time.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
3rd May

Symptoms seem much milder today. Hoping this persists but I’m not going to let myself get carried away as I’ve had a few periods like this recently and the symptoms come back with a vengeance not long after.

First day back in work after the bank holiday and it felt like I’d been off for ages. Took me a few hours to get back in to the groove.

Cardio:
  • 30 minutes incline treadmill 140BPM
Push:
  • Plate loaded flat press 3 x 6 (80KG each side)
  • Plate loaded shoulder press 3 x 6 (65KG each side)
  • Cable cross over 3 x 10
  • Triceps push down (V bar) 3 x 10
  • Lateral DB raise 3 x 10
Post workout is chicken burritos which are in the process of being cooked.

Hoping symptoms stay under control for the rest of the day. Feeling a little more energy now they’ve simmered down.

Only have a few days left on Cardarine so that will be dropped soon. Will update if I feel any different endurance wise once it’s gone.

Have a good evening all.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Sleep wasn't quite as peaceful as the night before but still an improvement compared to how it was before adding in the Prednisolone. Think I might have gained a little bit of water weight since adding it in but it's not necessarily a bad thing as I felt quite depleted at times. I think part of it will be because I'm losing less fluid now I'm using the bathroom less. Messaged my Doctor online to see if he would consider using something milder to begin with such as Budesonide which is topical/systemic rather than purely topical like Prednisolone but he said he can't do that, only secondary care can and they're reluctant to do so as they think Prednisolone will manage it better at this stage. Still waiting for an appointment for further tests through secondary care but haven't heard a peep from them yet - wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few months before I have an appointment booked, but I'm plodding along in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
4th May

I was a bit tired today as my sleep wasn’t the best, so I’ve felt a bit foggy mentally.

Got my bike fixed and serviced today but the weather looked a bit dodgy so didn’t bother giving it a test ride.

Final day of Cardarine today at 10mg. Will report back if there’s any noticeable changes to my fitness/endurance. On 400mg Test only now which should still be plenty to gain with.

Had a slice of primary school style sprinkled sponge cake for dinner, 10/10.

Food Cake Ingredient Recipe Baked goods

Hit a 400mg caffeine shot pre-workout, made me feel a bit shit, jittery and shaky and beta alanine tingles all over. Not ideal but gave me a bit of extra energy.

Hand Automotive tire Liquid Fluid Finger

Cardio:
Pull:
  • Chin-up (underhand) 3 x 6 (+105lbs)
  • Single arm machine pull down w/ D-handle 3 x 6
  • EZ bar curl w/ arm blaster 3 x 8
  • Rear delt DB fly 3 x 8
  • Single arm cable preacher curl 3 x 8
Cooking chicken Katsu curry for post workout meal.

Will have a protein shake later on. Accidentally bought chocolate ON whey rather than strawberry which is annoying, but it’s only a 450g pouch so will be gone soon. Some decent deals on Whey in B&M.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Got another solid period of sleep without waking up to shit my guts out, fellas. The medication must be doing something. Still a long way from being fixed but I'm convinced it must have taken the edge off the inflammation and feel quite hopeful for the next 4-6 weeks.

In the office today so should be a bit busier.

Very random, but has anybody ever had an issue with snails in their house? I found one randomly on the ceiling the other day and thought it must have got in while I let the dog out, so I peeled it off and placed it outside. But my Mrs has found another one on the wall today? Weird. I don't mind them too much but I'd rather not have pure snail trails on my walls if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Great story and journal lad! I am going to adopt your training and see how I get on with it! Thanks
Thank you and no worries. I prefer it now. It seemed like there wasn't enough volume at first but it's ideal now I've got my head around it. Couldn't imagine going back to high volume or a body part split now.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,082 Posts
Very random, but has anybody ever had an issue with snails in their house? I found one randomly on the ceiling the other day and thought it must have got in while I let the dog out, so I peeled it off and placed it outside. But my Mrs has found another one on the wall today? Weird. I don't mind them too much but I'd rather not have pure snail trails on my walls if I can help it.
Not snails but small slugs at times. I think they come in with doors open and if you are gardening they get on your shoes or cloths. Worst I've had was Woodlice, they must get in the house and breed or something, just one room where the patio door can be open at times. Once I caught and put out over 50 in one day. Of late, over weeks, I must have caught and put out 100. They are funny, they walk the edges of the room up against the skirting boards, I catch them and put them out. If it's late at night I put them in an old vitamin container with a damp bit of kitchen roll, they like damp and put them out the next day. They don't run around the container trying to get out, they just settle on the damp kitchen roll, then when I release them they are off like a shot. Funny things.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
@DLTBB You still on the BPC157?
Hi.

I'm almost finished with the peptides I was given now.

It's tough to say how much they helped because I'm using other meds at the same time and can't really quantify which is helping out the most. What I will say is the peptides definitely helped with sleep and some niggling pain I had in my knee for a long time.

Other than that, stomach issues are definitely improving which means the inflammation in the GI tract must be down, but it's hard to say how much of that is the peptides and how much is the corticosteroids from the Doctor.

I'd still take a punt on peptides for injuries and so on if you've had any pains or niggles though seeing as a month's supply is only about £45-50.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
6th May

Feel revitalised after yesterday’s rest day.

Appetite is definitely up. I think it’s a mixture of Prednisolone and me knowing I can eat more as my digestive system is coping better with food and wanting to make up for the period where I couldn’t tolerate many calories. Ate a ton yesterday, literally couldn’t stop eating!

400mg caffeine shot and a Rice Krispie Square (sue me) pre-training.

Cardio:
  • 30 minutes incline treadmill 150BPM

Abs:
  • Dragon flag 3 x 8
  • Hanging L-sit hold 3 x 30 seconds (Very tough, if anybody can hold this for 60 seconds, that’s seriously impressive)
  • Crunch 3 x 12

Tough ab session. I saw the L-sit holds on a CrossFit page on Instagram and was interested to see if I could hold them. Probably didn’t help that I did such a tough exercise immediately before.

Legs:
  • Horizontal leg press 3 x 6
  • Hammer Strength leg extension 3 x 8
  • Lunge 3 x 10
  • Leg curl 3 x 10
  • Seated calf raise 15, 12, 10, 10

Enjoyable session. Was sweating like mad. Definitely got some high intensity sets in, cardio was on point and core was on fire.

Throwing some chicken breast, peppers and broccoli in the Air Fryer with a load of olive oil and lemon and herb seasoning and eating it with rice post-workout.

Exercise choice is all over at the moment but still trying to figure out what I want to include in my next split. I’m still getting some good intensity at or near failure on a lot of working sets and I’m in a consistent surplus so I will still be benefiting in some way no doubt.

No major plans for the weekend. Think me and the Mrs are going to go out for dinner tomorrow and probably go and visit the family at some point. Writing a diet plan for a vegan tonight which is a little different to the usual. Thankfully my ex was a vegan so I know a few good meals.

I’m off the Cardarine now. No noticeable difference in cardio since dropping it.

Have a good weekend and I’ll check in tomorrow for a Push session. Might check out a new gym for a change tomorrow. Fancy using some different machines with different resistance profiles etc.

Bonus candid pic the Mrs took of me and the dog browsing UK-M.
Shoulder Mouth Muscle Vertebrate Comfort

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 · (Edited)
Random autism from me that I typed up when I had some free time earlier.

Improving Mental Health

Quick summary I’ve put together. When new year rolled around, my resolution was to take steps to improve my mental health as I still felt the odd wave of stress and anxiety creeping in. Nothing compared to before I went to prison but still intrusive and could put me in to a negative headspace without warning sometimes.

Social Media

I was spending a lot of time on social media and mindlessly flicking through stories of people I didn’t know or care about. I set screen timers on my phone to limit my use and unfollowed or muted stories from anybody not in my immediate circle. I also unfollowed/blocked news accounts because I was sick of reading about COVID, war and other depressing stories. This caused me to spend less time on Instagram and the time I did spend on there, I was connecting with my actual friends and family. The rest of the time I usually would have spent online, I spent with friends/family or productive online activities like listening to podcasts, researching etc.

Journaling

I didn’t like the sound of it to begin with but I gave it a go and downloaded a journal app on my phone. It was basically an opportunity for me to reflect on my day and highlight what went well, what could have gone better, who pissed me off and so on. It definitely benefitted me and helped me get things off my chest. I guess this online journal is an extension of that in a way but allows me to get feedback from others who are likeminded too, which is even better.

Organising

I downloaded a to-do list app on my phone and used it to track any small tasks I needed to complete for the day. It helped me stay on top of things, prevented me from procrastinating and I got a mini dopamine hit each time I ticked something off. I felt better when I was on top of things and it saved me the stress of having multiple tasks or deadlines creeping up at once.

Exercise

More specifically, cardio. Getting my heart rate up and working up a sweat makes me feel good and I feel like I’ve accomplished something afterwards. It’s also a great tool for longevity as somebody who uses gear and has helped me to improve my health, lower my blood pressure and resting heart rate and improve my endurance in resistance training too.

Remove Alcohol/Drugs

Any time I’ve been in trouble in my life, alcohol has been involved. I don’t particularly enjoy it, so I stopped drinking for the sake of it to conform on nights out with mates. Same with recreational drugs. Always felt depressed for days after using them, effected my focus, routine etc. so I cut them out entirely. Still use PEDs as you know but limited my use on them in comparison to my old cycles and took more of a longevity based approach.

Prioritise Sleep

I was bad for staying up until all hours. I’d wake up at the last minute in the morning and feel really tired. I’ve established a bit of a sleep routine and try to get to bed earlier, reduce my screen time, make sure the room is cool and dark, minimise background noise and it generally helps with sleep quality. I wake up 30 minutes earlier and try to be a bit more productive and make a nice breakfast to give myself the best start to the day.

I’m probably forgetting a couple of points which I’ll edit in later, but the result of doing this is I have more energy, I’m engaging with less useless/negative media, I feel fitter and healthier, I’m getting more done and I’m not letting issues and problems fester and grow. All small changes but combined they’ve made a good difference to how I think and how I feel.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
7th May

Trained early today so I can relax for the rest of the day. The sun is out and I’ve got the barber popping over in the afternoon to give my hair and beard a trim as I currently look homeless.

Got to ride my bike for the first time since I had it serviced on Wednesday and it feels brand new. Mega smooth, feels like I’m gliding through the air. Can’t wait to do some long rides in the summer.

Body weight is up 3.5lbs since starting the Prednisolone. Partly because it makes you hold more water as standard and partly because I’ve been eating a lot more. I feel better for it though and I am feeling stronger and more energised during training which is a bonus.

Cardio:
  • 30 minutes bike ride (as smooth as butter)

Push:
  • Dips 3 x 6 (+100lbs, +130lbs, +175lbs PR) 1 x 30 (body weight)
  • Seated Smith machine press 3 x 6
  • Cable fly 3 x 12
  • Overhead cable extension 3 x 10
  • Lateral DB raise 3 x 6, 1 x 20

Got this pic. Ab area looks awful but it’s not nearly as washed out as it looks there, just bad timing. But definitely seeing some extra thickness in the chest which I’ve always struggled with.

Hair Face Head Bodybuilder Hand

Visiting family and grabbing some dinner with the Mrs later on. Will post pics if it’s a decent meal. She’s still in bad after a wine fuelled karaoke session, lazy ****er.

241 - 260 of 407 Posts