UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Distance Selling - i.e. buying online...

If I'm not happy with the product, and say I paid £500 + £50 for delivery whats the process for returning it if it is not as described / not fit for purpose...?

What I need to understand is will I get my £500 AND my £50 for delivery back? Or will I have to pay for them to collect the item, and then have that deduced from my £500...?

·
www.bodybuildingdepot.co. uk
9,170 Posts
Distance selling act. You have 14 days to return the goods regardless if they faulty. It there for if you recieve the goods and you dont want them. In a store you get to handle the goods unlike a website.

You have to pay the shipping back to them and loose the original shipping fee. And they are entitled to charge a restocking fee if goods are not 100% fit to sell and you have open/torn the package. If you can prove it's not fit for purpose then the full £500 should be refunded but that just a return and not really distance selling act return.

I returned something after they were hassling me and once I discovered this law they had to take the goods back.

Why what's wrong with blow up doll/sheep?

·
Pest!
2,417 Posts
TaintedSoul said:
Distance selling act. You have 14 days to return the goods regardless if they faulty to you just dont want them.

You have to pay the shipping back to them and loose the original shipping fee. And they are entitled to charge a restocking fee or good not 100% fit to sell and you have open/torn the package.

I return something after they were hassling me and once I discovered this law they had to take the goods back.

Why what's wrong with blow up doll/sheep?
Very good find, i think loosing the shipping is rather shocking to be fair, large delivery prices is alot to loose.

·
8,379 Posts
It's definitely 14 days from the date the goods are received, but I'm fairly sure the supplier has to collect the goods at their expense - though I'm very willing to be corrected on this. Restocking fees should be "reasonable". If the retailer is clicks & mortar (e.g. Currys, Argos) you can return the item to the store.

·
Putting the yummy back into the mummy
1,483 Posts
Ooh it's like being at work again, this is what I do all day!

OK so it's 7 days not 14 days you have to return it, if you just don't like it then you have to pay for the delivery back to them. You should get the £500 back, the £50 is debateable, doesn't specifically mention it in the regs from what I can remember without reading them (Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 btw!). SOme companies will easily, some won't, have to argue your case for why you should get it back initially.

If something doesn't conform to the Sale of Goods Act (satisfactory quality, fit for purpose made known, as described) then they should cover the return postage costs. Would be OK to offer a replacement with no extra money changing hands, or if it is a refund, it should be the £500 + £50 because the point of a refund is to put you back in the place you were in before you even bought the item.

Think that's about it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts