UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gym Addict
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From about Janurary this year I'd been following the following diet rigorously and happily. It really suited me. That is I was dropping fat, growing in the right places, was full of energy and sleeping really well:

Diet:

Four pre work out meals (each 210 cals, 26g protein, 21g carbs (low GI), 2g fat):

08:00 - shake (oats & whey + glucosamine, green tea extract, guarana extract)

11:00 - brown rice, chicken/fish, veg

14:00 - sweet potato, chicken/fish, veg

17:00 - shake (oats & whey + AAKG, caffeine, L-carnitine, creatine, betaine, beta-alanine, green tea extract, guarana extract, CLA)

Four post work out meals (each 210 cals, 26g protein, 21g carbs (high GI), 2g fat):

0 mins post workout - shake (whey & dextrose + creatine, betaine, glucosamine, omega oils, CLA)

30 mins post workout - white rice, chicken/fish, veg

90 mins post workout - white potato, chicken/fish, veg

180 mins post workout - shake (caesin)

However, I went away on a business trip in May and decided to take the week off training and slacken up on the diet just to give myself "a break". Anyway, every since I got back I have been having all kinds of digestive complaints. When I eat something my stomach gets really distended, my abdomen is really tender, I get gassy (gross sorry) and that is really unusual for me in itself. The foods which seem to have the worst effects are red meat, all but the most complex carbs and whey protein. I also had food poisining recently which I have never had before in my life. Maybe this is just coninsidence. Anyway, its really getting me down. I don't know whether to just be really hard on myself and force myself back onto my previous diet despite it making me feel rough and hope I get used to it and begin feeling better, or not?!

Anyone experience anything similar? This sucks @ss hard :(

G

·
Well by sounds of it... you obviously been eating different kind of food or eat differently, so your system played up on it.

What works for me if i have any problems with digestion, is I have some porridge in the morning with bit of butter in it. And I mix a spoon of apple vinegar with water and drink it up, or have a big spoon of olive oil, or sun flower. It always seem to sort me out. And plenty water to flush anything out whats lingering.

·
EFBB Winner
3,382 Posts
as an alleviation, maybe the peppermint oil capsules (used for IBS) might help.

there would be no harm in eating some pineapple chunks too aslong as the acid wont set it off

·
Gym Addict
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
big pete said:
as an alleviation, maybe the peppermint oil capsules (used for IBS) might help.

there would be no harm in eating some pineapple chunks too aslong as the acid wont set it off
Ooh yeah, I herd peppermint was supposed to be good for the stomach. Didn't know you could get capsules. I'll have a look out for some.

Thanks!

·
Banned
10,291 Posts
TprLG said:
Ooh yeah, I herd peppermint was supposed to be good for the stomach. Didn't know you could get capsules. I'll have a look out for some.

Thanks!
Got them from the Doc hun they give you super strong ones!

I had problems last year on a carb up, the doc suspected IBS and perscribed these, worked ok! It was only mild IBS do to the sudden and extreme change in diet, stresses the body out big time!

Didn't last long with me, a couple of weeks with Peppermint.

J

·
Gym Addict
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Magic Torch said:
Got them from the Doc hun they give you super strong ones!

I had problems last year on a carb up, the doc suspected IBS and perscribed these, worked ok! It was only mild IBS do to the sudden and extreme change in diet, stresses the body out big time!

Didn't last long with me, a couple of weeks with Peppermint.

J
Cool. Thats good to know... not that you have IBS, but that it didn't last long :) Got an appointment Monday morning anyhow so hoping to be right as rain again asap!!! See, I decided to try out this optimism thing people keep raving to me about... I don't think its going to work :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.