UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend is after loosing some weight, she is willing to diet and do cardio, but she insists on taking some form of extra help, what would you's recommend? she doesn't lift weights, but would that help? what extra things could she do to help her ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks !

·
Premium Member
16,442 Posts
If she's not even tried doing cardio then i'd get her going on that first.

No point taking a load of supps to help lose the weight if she can't keep up the cardio and diet to keep the weight off. There's no quick fix that lasts mate.

·
Gym Addict
452 Posts
If she uses a fat burner as well as the diet and cardio and loses a fair bit of weight then IMO she will most likely attribute her success to the fat burner and not the diet and cardio. Then if she wants to lose more weight she'll just use the 'magic pill' rather than putting in the work.

·
Looking Freaky
528 Posts
id recommend sorting diet and cardio out first...you'll loose a decent amount of fat this way and once results start slowing down than you can throw in supps...

also its vital to understand and sort your diet out and remain consistent...if you loose weight via supps while on a rubbish diet the weight you've lost will be back on your body a few weeks/months later

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
Any fat burner she uses will work by increasing adrenaline and noradrenaline (main pathway through which fatty acids are broken down)... exercise does this more than any diet pill and will also exaggerate the effect of those pills... if you explain it to her that way then she might at least get an idea of what is the most important to be doing along side general calorie restriction - which is of course the absolute most important thing overall.

Personally, if she does choose a pill to supplement, i'd recommend a greetea extract with caffiene and/or ephedra, but if you get exercise and diet right I don't think its necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.