UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gym Addict
198 Posts
Hi,

Firstly I'm 5'10'', 174lbs with 18% bodyfat (maybe slightly lower, but this is a rough guess, haven't checked it properly, but from pictures this is what I would guess I'm at).

After reading around on these forums I've become a little confused as to what the best form of cutting is. Here is an average days meal for me;

*Note - Because of my work (labourer), its hard to eat small and often

5 Litres of water Consumed on average

05.30: Breakfast: 45g Oats with 200ml Semi-Skimmed Milk, 45g Protein Shake

10.45: Lunch: 160g Grilled Chicken Breast, Green Salad, 15g Coleslaw, 2 Slices Wholemeal Bread

15.00: 45g Protein Shake

16.00: Workout

17.00: Dinner: 150g Grilled Chicken/Turkey Breast, 200g Brown rice, Brocolli, Green Beans

19.30: Snack: 30g Peanut Butter, 1 Wholemeal Pitta

Total Proteins: 217g

Total Fats: 43g

Total Carbs: 185g

Total Calories: 1950

I work out Monday-Friday (resistance training - roughly 30-40min sessions) with the weekends off. I'm aiming to lose between 1-2lbs a week.

However, I've got a feeling I'm eating too many carbs - especially late in the day.

Also, is it a neccessity to do cardio when cutting? I've read that with diet and resistance training, cardio isn't needed and vice versa.

And lastly, am I eating enough calories? I don't want to end up burning muscle. Although I'm a labourer, its not extremely hard labour (like digging roads or anything).

Thanks for any help I can recieve.

Bill

·
348 Posts
your carbs are low enough i would say. Yes do cardio either in the morning on an empty stomach or after weights. calories dont look to bad. your overall diet has the right foods but you must put them together ie protein,carbs, good fats all in one meal for example protein powder,oats flax or chicken rice avacado etc then each meal will have all the nutrients you need hope this helps. p.s have your protein shake after training with some carbs not before without. preferably have a meal before training with a good amount of carbs

·
Gym Addict
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've been seeing alot of posts on keto or carb cycling; do you have to have a carb refuel at say the weekend? Or can you just go for an all out 7 day a week High Protein, High Fat diet with pretty much no carbs?

·
348 Posts
keto is totally different mate its zero carbs med/high fat and high protein. Your diet looked like a low carb diet? the be all and end all is if you want to lose weight be calorific deficient! DO cardio eat right and train hard its not rocket science dont get too mixed up on here just pick one thing and go with it.

·
Gym Addict
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for both of your replies, I'm going to continue sticking to the diet I'm on, going to do some cardio, every other day or so (is this enough?).

Also, should i reduce my calorie intake by a 100 or so every few weeks? Or keep it the same for the entire period I cut for? (I'm planning on a 12 week cut, currently in my 2nd).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.