UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Well i thought i'd ask for some input from you more experienced trainers after Con delightfully described my routine as 'horrendous' yesterday :D In a thread which has since been deleted for whatever reason :rolleyes:

Anyway, here is my daily diet, i'd be interested to hear what people make of it. I'm looking to get a bit bigger but i'm not looking to bulk massively, i'd be happy to gain slowly and only lean muscle mass as opposed to bulking then cutting down.

Here it is anyway, make of it what you will, i'm happy to accept all constructive criticism as i'm here to learn.

7am - 2 weetabix, 2 grainery toast, Reflex Instant whey protein shake

10am - 2 wheaten bread, apple, banana, cereal bar

12pm - training

1pm - tuna sandwich, grainery bread, Reflex Instant Whey shake

330pm - 2 wheaten bread, nuts

6pm - chicken/salmon/beef with rice/pasta/baby potatoes

10pm - 2 grainery toast, Reflex Casein protein shake

Consume at least 3 litres of water daily as well, constantly drinking it to stay hydrated.

On non training days lunch will normally be baked potato with chicken/tuna however on training days i have to rush lunch therefore just have time for a tuna sandwich.

I would also have the odd cheat day/meal throughout the week but given that my diet is so healthy most of the time i feel that these extra calories won't do any harm at all. Plus i'd go mad if i couldn't treat myself now and again!

Thanks for any advice, any questions just ask.

Oh, in case it's need:

Age - 27

Weight - 12st 10lbs

Height - 5ft 11"

Cheers, Tim.

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cellaratt said:
Where's the food..?

12pm - training

On non training days lunch will normally be baked potato with chicken/tuna however on training days i have to rush lunch therefore just have time for a tuna sandwich.

:confused1:

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Personally id say

7am - 75g oats- reflex instant whey or 2 whole eggs with 4 egg whites

10am - turkey or tuna with 2 slices of wholemeal or granary bread

1pm - maltodextrin powder with reflex whey

3:30 chicken/turkey/beef with rice or jacket potatoe

6:30 pm same as either 10am meal or 3pm meal add in olive oil or udos.

10pm - casien protein with 50g oats

i would also add in 40g of fat from natty peanut butter or nuts etc or more olive oil throughout the day.

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What type of oats do you guys recommend? I bought some Tesco tropical oats a while ago to give them a go but they were totally disgusting and tasted like cardboard so had sacked that idea!

·
Everybody wants to be GOOD, but not many are prepa
1,345 Posts
T.F. said:
Well i thought i'd ask for some input from you more experienced trainers after Con delightfully described my routine as 'horrendous' yesterday :D In a thread which has since been deleted for whatever reason :rolleyes:

Anyway, here is my daily diet, i'd be interested to hear what people make of it. I'm looking to get a bit bigger but i'm not looking to bulk massively, i'd be happy to gain slowly and only lean muscle mass as opposed to bulking then cutting down.

Here it is anyway, make of it what you will, i'm happy to accept all constructive criticism as i'm here to learn.

12pm - training

Consume at least 3 litres of water daily as well, constantly drinking it to stay hydrated.

I would also have the odd cheat day/meal throughout the week but given that my diet is so healthy most of the time i feel that these extra calories won't do any harm at all. Plus i'd go mad if i couldn't treat myself now and again!

Thanks for any advice, any questions just ask.

Oh, in case it's need:

Age - 27

Weight - 12st 10lbs

Height - 5ft 11"

Cheers, Tim.
What are you trying to achieve i.e. what are your goals with training; building quality mass or getting lean? Looking at your diet as it stands you are not consuming enough quality protein, carbs, fats and vegetables to do very much at all.

·
Road to Juniors 2011??!!
693 Posts
T.F. said:
What type of oats do you guys recommend? I bought some Tesco tropical oats a while ago to give them a go but they were totally disgusting and tasted like cardboard so had sacked that idea!
I personally just buy 'Tesco Scottish Oats' as you can get like 1kg for about 70p or something like that. Taste nice & extremely cheap!

As for putting on weight, you are definately not getting enough protein & carbs. Perhaps add eggs to breakfast (Scrambled eggs take 5 minutes to do)! And at 10AM there's no source of protein whatsoever, perhaps have chicken sandwiches?

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lou said:
What are you trying to achieve i.e. what are your goals with training; building quality mass or getting lean? Looking at your diet as it stands you are not consuming enough quality protein, carbs, fats and vegetables to do very much at all.
Getting lean would be preferable, ideal look would be that of Mens Health cover model, not too big but in good shape. Should have said that i do eat fruit and veg also, at least 5 a day if not more.

I've a fair idea where to get quality protein, what would you recommend for quality carbs?

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Righto, i'll revise this a bit then, if i buy turkey slices or something similar then i can have sandwiches that bit more often - and get some protein from them, it's just in work they cost like £2.50 each and i can't afford to be spending £10 a day on food.

7am - 2 weetabix, 2 grainery toast with scrambled eggs, Reflex Instant whey protein shake

10am - 2 turkey sandwiches on grainery bread, apple, banana, cereal bar

12pm - training

330pm - turkey sandwiches on grainery bread, nuts

6pm - chicken/salmon/beef with rice/pasta/baby potatoes and veg

Better?

As for the oats, i'll maybe buy a bag and give those ones you mention a go, but if they're anything like the others they'll be rotten!

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
to much bread mate. Keep bread to just one meal a day in my opinion. Also ditch the weetabix and toast for breaky. If you can have normal oats which are lovely with a bit of cinnamon in and mix your reflex whey in. I could eat these all day but if you cant atleast try and get some decent muesli.

Also you want to have your reflex whey shake pwo with maybe some maltodextrin powder or a banana or 2 but dont have the sarnies mate.

you havnt really made any of the changes people have advised just added more of what you were allready eating.

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
T.F. said:
if i buy turkey slices or something similar then i can have sandwiches that bit more often - and get some protein from them, it's just in work they cost like £2.50 each and i can't afford to be spending £10 a day on food.
Expensive processed sh1te mate.

As Hilly has noted,you aint changed much at all(and agreed,far too much bread)

If you need bread,a better alternative is wholemeal pitta

You will definitely not reach your goal with that diet,and plenty of cardio is needed.

Look to rice,quinoa,oats,spuds(sweet or jacket) for meals during the day and switch to veg/salad(green) at night.

Get some oily fish down ya and drink plenty of water.

Replace the Reflex brand with a bulk supplier if the pennies are tight. :)

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn it, this is much harder than i expected! I suppose wholemeal pitta is an option though. Thanks for the input, i do appreciate your help.

Have you any recommendations for snack meals at 10am and 3pm then lads? Bare in mind these have to be something quick and easy that can be eaten at a desk - preferably prepared the night before or something like that.

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
T.F. said:
Damn it, this is much harder than i expected! I suppose wholemeal pitta is an option though. Thanks for the input, i do appreciate your help.

Have you any recommendations for snack meals at 10am and 3pm then lads? Bare in mind these have to be something quick and easy that can be eaten at a desk - preferably prepared the night before or something like that.
protein shakes with natty peanut butter and/or oats in.

make your own flapjacks/protein bars there are alot of recipes on here.

·
Everybody wants to be GOOD, but not many are prepa
1,345 Posts
T.F. said:
I eat about 100g of nuts daily, also starting to take udos oil on a daily basis.
Udo's is good but expensive; extra virgin olive will do just as well; 100 grams nuts is a little excessive to get essential fats. 20 - 30 grams is ample twice a day as you will be consuming other fats too.

If you eat an oily fish meal you won't need extra fats with that meal.

Lou

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lou said:
Udo's is good but expensive; extra virgin olive will do just as well; 100 grams nuts is a little excessive to get essential fats. 20 - 30 grams is ample twice a day as you will be consuming other fats too.

If you eat an oily fish meal you won't need extra fats with that meal.

Lou
Thanks again for all the help, taking all the advice on board. Just had a Polynesian 1/2 sleeve tattoo done so taking a few days recovery before i go training again therefore i'm developing new routine and diet in this time.

Does salmon count as oily fish?

I'll heed your advice with regards to the nuts intake.

Tim.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts