UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
492 Posts
A bit like the government did to support the argument lockdowns, vaccinations, etc. we’re required?

we are taught about propaganda in schools, and this is all that the news is today. Proganda to push a rhetoric and condition the public to an agenda.

I also learnt a long time ago that a stat can be created to support or discredit any argument when not applied with full context.
The example I like to use, is that a football team can be unbeaten in 10 games, or not won in 10 games.
SPOILER: They drew all 10!
Typical of a kid who drew a dodgy bar chart in primary school and thinks they know about Statistical Analysis.
Even the brightest kids who can crunch the numbers tend to find it difficult to interpret data.

You are correct that a a stat (or data) can be used to make some kind of argument but that is where you have attempt to be impartial and asses whether or not he data does actually support the the case.

There has certainly been a lot of manipulation during Covid by all concerned, but quite frankly the case of those who believe vaccinations are not effective as a tool in limiting fatalities and transmission are even more guilty than the govt in clutching at straws and quoting bollox, and that is very sad indeed.
The small part of a document posted by rstiltskin is a typical example of this.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Typical of a kid who drew a dodgy bar chart in primary school and thinks they know about Statistical Analysis.
Even the brightest kids who can crunch the numbers tend to find it difficult to interpret data.

You are correct that a a stat (or data) can be used to make some kind of argument but that is where you have attempt to be impartial and asses whether or not he data does actually support the the case.

There has certainly been a lot of manipulation during Covid by all concerned, but quite frankly the case of those who believe vaccinations are not effective as a tool in limiting fatalities and transmission are even more guilty than the govt in clutching at straws and quoting bollox, and that is very sad indeed.
The small part of a document posted by rstiltskin is a typical example of this.
I've literally just posted a video with a Pfizer CEO saying that 2 jabs currently offer very limited if any protection, a point further supported by our own government data.

And you're still arguing that it's not the case?

It's really sad to see what 2 years of being mentally beaten down by such aggressive state propaganda and conditioning has done to the cognitive function of the masses.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Strange how the government has money to burn when they want to, but don’t invest in areas and infrastructure that are in dire need, as we are in national debt.
Well now we’ve spunked 100’s of billions we may finally get our belongings repossessed by the bailiffs and a bad credit rating against the countries name.
Its completely criminal. The amount of good that could have been done with all the public money chucked away on all this counterproductive covid nonsense.

Literally hundreds of youth clubs, council leisure centres, investment in health care. Things that would drastically benefit generations to come.

And what we've done instead? Pay people a wage to sit at home on their arses with box fulls of pathetic unreliable test kits, sticking swabs up their nostrils every 5 minutes, when there's absolutely nothing wrong with them.

It's literally criminal.

·
Newbie Trainer
492 Posts
I've literally just posted a video with a Pfizer CEO saying that 2 jabs offer currently offer very limited if any protection, a point further supported by our own government data.

And you're still arguing that it's not the case?

It's really sad to see what 2 years of being mentally beaten down by such aggressive state propaganda and conditioning has done to the cognitive function of the masses.
Again, you are quoting a sentence out of an 11 minute video.
Stop selecting what suits you and look at the bigger picture.
I am hoping that our way out of the shit show is the virus mutating to something even less serious than Omicron, hopefully soon.
However, my background is in Mathematics(and yes Statistics :eek: ), not virology so it is merely a hope.

You are not stupid and have demonstrated in the past that you can formulate reasonable arguments to counter govt and MSM 'propaganda'. I am sure that if you wished, you could use those analytical skills to come up with better evidence to counter them than you have recently...if it exists.

·
Newbie Trainer
492 Posts
Its completely criminal. The amount of good that could have been done with all the public money chucked away on all this counterproductive covid nonsense.
This, I agree with to an extent.
At least Bojo has gone along with this reluctantly, or so it seem to me.

Unfortunately, I live in Scotland and it looks like Nicola Stalin and the Scottish Nazi Party are loving it:mad:

·
Gym Addict
4,481 Posts
This is a great video where psychologists explain why people believe and spread conspiracy theories.

in short, they feel inferior, not in control of their lives and dumb. Conspiracy theories let them feel smart and feel like they know some secret that everyone else doesn’t.

But let me guess! Those psychologists are all part of the conspiracy!? 🙄

i kind of feel a bit sorry for these people tht spread these BS conspiracies around, just so afraid of what reality is they need to feel there is someone to blame, someone making bad things in the world happen. Living in constant fear but pretending that they’re not every day
Several studies and surveys have showed conclusively that those with the highest levels of educational achievement and intelligence are the people most likely to be vaccine/lockdown skeptics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hundreds of billions on what? Over what period? I assume your going to provide supporting evidence for this claim?
Based on the price of covid vaccinations and tests, and the millions that have been administrated.
just look at the profits company’s are posting.
The price of people administrating the vaccine, overtime of existing staff, sick pay due to isolation or shielding, those managing the processes, building rentals, doctor incentives (if these are to believed) are also not small numbers when considering the magnitude of the operation.

The money wasted on nightingale hospitals, furlough money, business loans, start up loans, the negative affect on the economy as a result of lockdowns, redundancy, unemployment resulting in benefits increases.

Covid has also had an indirect impact on government spend.
Covid has caused mass price increases of materials, which also affects tax payers money whether it be through simple consumable costs, or through government funded project such as construction builds, of which price increase have been very considerable.

Do you believe money hasn’t been wasted?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am hoping that our way out of the shit show is the virus mutating to something even less serious than Omicron, hopefully soon.
However, my background is in Mathematics(and yes Statistics :eek: ), not virology so it is merely a hope.

You are not stupid and have demonstrated in the past that you can formulate reasonable arguments to counter govt and MSM 'propaganda'. I am sure that if you wished, you could use those analytical skills to come up with better evidence to counter them than you have recently...if it exists.
I quoted that one sentence because it was the relevant part relating to the current efficacy of the vaccine.

If you think I have somehow taken that sentence out of context and he didn't literally mean that 2 jabs are now of little use if any against infection please highlight what else he said that alters the context.

·
Newbie Trainer
492 Posts
I quoted that one sentence because it was the relevant part relating to the current efficacy of the vaccine.

If you think I have somehow taken that sentence out of context and he didn't literally mean that 2 jabs are now of little use if any against infection please highlight what else he said that alters the context.
It is more that you have ignored the ignored the effectiveness of the booster jab, and the fact that the video is essentially and advert for the new vax available soon.

Any comments on the graph posted by Denied showing Critical Care Admissions vaxxed vs unvaxxed per 100 000 cases?
Not sure where he got that from but it does seem very convincing, if accurate, as far as efficacy of vaccinations go.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I cba to watch the video, but does the rest of the content have any impact on the quoted statement?

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
567 Posts

Do you believe money hasn’t been wasted?
What of my response makes you think I believe that? I merely asked you to provide supporting evidence for you claim of “hundreds of billions”

your argument was that our government has wasted hundreds of billions which could have been better spent…

Why don’t you just post it up instead of that long winded nonsensical reply?

·
Registered
20 Posts
What of my response makes you think I believe that? I merely asked you to provide supporting evidence for you claim of “hundreds of billions”

your argument was that our government has wasted hundreds of billions which could have been better spent…

post what?

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
567 Posts
Several studies and surveys have showed conclusively that those with the highest levels of educational achievement and intelligence are the people most likely to be vaccine/lockdown skeptics.
Can you link these studies? Peer reviewed I assume?

·
Newbie Trainer
492 Posts
I cba to watch the video, but does the rest of the content have any impact on the quoted statement?
The video seems to me to be an advert for the new version of the Pfizer vaccine... available soon.
I'm not sure if I am more disturbed by the blatant advert for the new version of the vaccine or the fact that the only thing mickey stiltskin took from it was the poor performance of 2 doses of the existing vaccine.
TBF, I couldn't be arsed watching the whole thing either but when they started touting the new vaccine available in March I think I got the idea...lol

·
Registered
20 Posts

There you go?
Although tbh it’s common knowledge billions have been spent and the above links only attribute some of the costs, and not those that are indirect impacts or those not yet fully realised.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The video seems to me to be an advert for the new version of the Pfizer vaccine... available soon.
I'm not sure if I am more disturbed by the blatant advert for the new version of the vaccine or the fact that the only thing mickey stiltskin took from it was the poor performance of 2 doses of the existing vaccine.
TBF, I couldn't be arsed watching the whole thing either but when they started touting the new vaccine available in March I think I got the idea...lol
lol
Not good business promoting your new vaccine by discrediting the effectiveness of the past 2?
Can’t write it

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is more that you have ignored the ignored the effectiveness of the booster jab, and the fact that the video is essentially and advert for the new vax available soon.

Any comments on the graph posted by Denied showing Critical Care Admissions vaxxed vs unvaxxed per 100 000 cases?
Not sure where he got that from but it does seem very convincing, if accurate, as far as efficacy of vaccinations go.
Im not ignoring what he said about booster jabs or the new vaccine he says will be released in March.
This is truly great news for all those that don't mind another jab every few months or so and see the benefit.

As Im sure I've already discussed with you in another thread. I accept all of the data from the government surveillance report I posted. The data that suggests rates of hospitalisation are lower in the vaxxed than unvaxxed and the data that shows the case rate is higher for vaxxed than unvaxxed. One caveat, if the data was likely to be fudged/distorted by the government it would be to exaggerate the efficacy of the vaccine rather than the opposite.

I think those opposing case rate data and the Pfizer CEO are more guilty of cherry picking the bits of data that support their bias and are possibly in denial to some extent. They probably feel like they've been duped to some degree.

·
Newbie Trainer
2,742 Posts
Can you link these studies? Peer reviewed I assume?
Nearly as many uneducated people are vaccine skeptics as PhD educated but the stats don't show what % of PhD students are vaccine skeptics.

Considering only 10% of people are vaccine skeptics I don't think making up 23% of this group puts you in the majority.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts