UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im 18 years old and have been weightlifting for about a year and a half and was making good gains untill i started a job that involved cardio all day and now all my gains have gone and i feel like ive gone back to square one,also i dont get to eat as much as what i was eating i have to eat sandwiches and some tuna any advice on what to do to bulk back up???

aslo i was recently thinking about doing a cycle of dianabol to build myself up and then go all nautural from there,

any advice would be very greatful thanks

·
Do it Big!
293 Posts
id say sort your diet and supplementation out first mate. Even if you did a dbol cycle if you didnt eat right you'd make no gains anyway, you need food to build that muscle and lots of it! hope you sort it out mate ;)

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i try to eat something every 2 or 3 hourse and have a protein shake 3 or 4 times a day but still dont seem to be gaining just losing lol seems like im fighting a losing battle,thanks for the advice though matey

·
Living the dream
19 Posts
Hi Mate,

I know just how you feel. I've had a couple times where I couldn't go to the gym as often as I wanted and I felt myself shrinking each day. After all the hard effort it's very demoralising.

Diet is everything. By the sounds of things you are actually losing size which is worse than even maintaining the size you are. If it's lots of cardio make sure you're eating enough calories each day. Avoid calories from junk food obviously. Do you take protein shakes? Perhaps you're not maintaing a positive nitrogen balance(not enough protein).

Dbol will defo make you pack on mass fast but not without the hard work in the gym and a sound diet...

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
lc90 said:
im 18 years old and have been weightlifting for about a year and a half and was making good gains untill i started a job that involved cardio all day
What job involves cardio all day, every day at 18?

You'd be better off posting your job, diet, training schedule and some of the guys will give you good advice as to whats going wrong:thumbup1:

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its collecting the recycling boxes you may not have them around your area but round where i am people have to recycle and put all there glass plastic ect in seperate boxes i work for a place called greencycle which is basically a fleet of trucks cover certain areas of cheshire anyways so im just walkin round all day collecting the boxes and emptying them into the wagon but we had a thing to calculate how far we walk and on average a day its 14 miles,from 7 in the morning to anything from 5 o clock six o clock n quite alot of the time 9 o clock at night lol (i hate every minute of it) lol but the money is good,i usually take a tub of tuna sweetcorn ad boiled eggs,some ham lettuce n tomato sandwiches 2 bananas an apple an orange a cerial bar and have an egg butty from the chip shop lol its not sounding good is it lol,i dont have a clue what to eat so if anybody could give me an idea of a food plan then that would be great lol

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
lc90 said:
its collecting the recycling boxes you may not have them around your area but round where i am people have to recycle and put all there glass plastic ect in seperate boxes i work for a place called greencycle which is basically a fleet of trucks cover certain areas of cheshire anyways so im just walkin round all day collecting the boxes and emptying them into the wagon but we had a thing to calculate how far we walk and on average a day its 14 miles,from 7 in the morning to anything from 5 o clock six o clock n quite alot of the time 9 o clock at night lol (i hate every minute of it) lol but the money is good,i usually take a tub of tuna sweetcorn ad boiled eggs,some ham lettuce n tomato sandwiches 2 bananas an apple an orange a cerial bar and have an egg butty from the chip shop lol its not sounding good is it lol,i dont have a clue what to eat so if anybody could give me an idea of a food plan then that would be great lol
Theres stacks of info in the various sections, read the stickies or use search option, wouldn't exactly call it muscle depreciating cardio mate, sounds a lot but as a bricky (contractor now)I probably used as many and probably more calories when on walling in 8 hours shift, did that for 14 years and I was probably better then than now as i sit behind a fooking desk half of the day:yawn:

From what i can see you aint eating enough, look at the diet and nutrition part of the forum, the more you study and put into practise the basics the better your training will be and the faster you will become what you want to be, good luck:thumb:

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ye ill have a look around and see what i can find i tell you what though it is really dissheartening losing your gains dont you think lol,i was never big but i had more muscle than what i do now ive gone really slim again lol,and thanks for the advice everyone its much appreciated ill try and get alot more protein in,would meal replacements help at all along with food??

·
Rising from the ashes
8,231 Posts
Feel it for you mate, my first job at 18 was on an assembly line, and although not as intense and physically demanding as yours, still had me jumping about like a loony for 10-12 hours a day.

You might be one of the few people that carb heavy wieghtgainers could benefit, simple fact is you need calories and plenty of them to offset the cardio you are having to do. Can you do that? Like mix up 4 or 5 shakers full of wieght gainer or similar? I dont mean to replace your food, but to support it, and its easier to take a quick swig of something on the move than it is to eat solid grub...

You'll need to address rest as well, you will be eating right into your recuperative ability with your work, so chill when you can.

Taking gear simply wont work unless you do the above stuff anyway - so your as well sorting it out and seeing what happens first, since you have to anyway!

As for the comments of "18 is way too young" I can totally see where people are coming from but the real-life fact of the matter is many many people have started way way younger with various results/consequences - the choice is yours, just make sure you are educated and thoroughly evaluate your situation first....

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think heavy weightgainers would just give me a belly,im one of these that the fat just goes to my stomach and doesnt spread around not that i have a belly or anything lol i have a protein shake b4 i go to work and when i get home i did take some to work with me but its alot of messing around preparing it when i dont really have time to, i do try to eat but its obviously no where near enough i just have some sandwiches and fruit then when i get home have some pasta with chicken,so do you think there is no chance of me gaining anything then even thougn im still workin out 4 days a week?, and as for the gear i would normally never ever consider taking anything like that but desperate times call for desperate measures lol but i dont want to be cycling some gear and then in twenty years time have a stroke or heart attack lol so i dont really want to do them its just a plan b incase all else fails lol

so what do you reckon you would do if you were in my situation then mate???

n cheers for the advice matey

·
Gym Addict
111 Posts
I used to be like that, ate everything that wasn't nailed down but struggled to build muscle. So I used more protein supplements and ate more.

It worked but I had to eat more than you would think, my old man used to moan all the time that I was eating him out of house and home.

Now I'm the other way round, since I turned 30 I struggle to keep the fat off, I can build muscle fairly easily but the fat seems to creep up as well unless I really keep a grip on my diet.

Simple thing is to eat lots more quality foods, protein every couple of hours or so and it'll come.

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats exactly what my old man says now "your eatin us out of house and home" you never stop eating!!" lol

i was gaining nice n steadily b4 i started my job but now i just seem to be losing muscle and not gaining at all,and im always too tired to prepare loads of proteon shakes to take to work with me at half past six in the morning lol

i was thinking of meal replacements, weather that will get me back on track or not,i cant figure out what to do becuase i never have time to sit and eat loads of food whilst at work you see

1 - 18 of 18 Posts