UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I visit my dentist at least once a year and I would advise anyone to do it. We can all agree that we all want to have straight teeth and a beautiful smile. Having an immaculate white smile can help you get a better job or even improve your social life. I've always had an issue with my teeth because I wanted them to be straight and have a healthy look without having to wear any brackets. I was lucky enough to find Invisalign Leeds. They did a great job, changed my life and I've never stopped smiling ever since.

·
Maximus Covidius
954 Posts
My dentist used to send me annual checkup/hygiene appointment text reminders BC (Before Corona), but they've stopped since. My guess is that because of corona hysteria they have scaled down their "non essential" operations, otherwise why would they pass on recurring business?

·
Registered
140 Posts
My dentist used to send me annual checkup/hygiene appointment text reminders BC (Before Corona), but they've stopped since. My guess is that because of corona hysteria they have scaled down their "non essential" operations, otherwise why would they pass on recurring business?
Were you an NHS patient..? I imagine it's still the case that if you don't attend an appointment for 6 months or something like that, you lose your NHS place at your dentist. If you ignored them and didn't go maybe they've given you the boot. Happened to me.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
I go to the demerits bi annually and pay for a check up and a polish. I brush twice a day, floss regularly and often mouthwash after meals when at home. Can’t stand poor oral hygiene. Even those on council estates who get free dental care. Go sort your gums out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
floss regularly
I gave up on flossing a few years ago in favour of using one of those scrapers just to get in between the teeth and rip all the shit out of there. Attacking each gap from the front and the back.

Flossing first, and then using the scraper, there seemed to be some small bits left for the scraper to deal with.

When I tried it the other way around, the scraper didn't seem to leave anything behind for the floss to deal with. So it's just been the scraper for me ever since.

·
Maximus Covidius
954 Posts
Were you an NHS patient..? I imagine it's still the case that if you don't attend an appointment for 6 months or something like that, you lose your NHS place at your dentist. If you ignored them and didn't go maybe they've given you the boot. Happened to me.
No, I go private. Which is why it's strange that they haven't sent me the reminder - that literally is what gets them their business.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts