UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here regularly visits their dentist?

I will be perfectly honest I haven't visted a dentist since I was a child !

Thinking of signing up with one. I was told to look for a Nhs participating one ? Not sure if this true or not.

·
Getting HUGE!
9,341 Posts
For lots of reasons seeing a dentist is important - and not just the obvious one of not losing your teeth! Lot of research now linking gum disease to dementia. My dentist probably saved my life by getting me referred urgently to hospital when all I thought I had was an ulcer on my tongue but he recognised it as cancer. Definitely try and get an NHS one - it'll save you a fortune!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Same as me. I never went to the dentist for over 15 years, never had a filling or anything wrong with my teeth, brush them and use mouth wash twice a day. I seen a local private dentist taking on new clients so decided to go and sign up, had my first check up few months ago which cost £14 and the dentist was really pleased with the condition on my teeth considering i havent seen a dentist in over 15 years and told me to carry on what im doing with brushing and using mouthwash and il be fine. Got routine check ups every 6 months now.

·
Premium Member
6,585 Posts
It amazes me that in today's society that a dentist is no longer the norm...

I know of many that have not been since a child and I know families that don't even take their kids!

Always gone regularly, apart from one year when seriously ill and my dental practice of 25 years took me off their books. I now have to travel 15 miles outside the city I live in for a NHS dentist, as it's a minimum 2 year wait for a NHS one closer to home.

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
426 Posts
It amazes me that in today's society that a dentist is no longer the norm...

I know of many that have not been since a child and I know families that don't even take their kids!

Always gone regularly, apart from one year when seriously ill and my dental practice of 25 years took me off their books. I now have to travel 15 miles outside the city I live in for a NHS dentist, as it's a minimum 2 year wait for a NHS one closer to home.
i last went to the dentist over half my life ago I was 16 but my teeth are in good Nick luckily :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts