UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Looking Freaky
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for todays training session i decided to try some dead lifts, i usually do sldl because of a knee replacement, anyway thought what the hell il give the standard deadlifts ago, i felt my technique was good and i felt no pressure on my bad knee i did 5 sets of 5 reps 90kg the weight was relativly easy just wanted to concentrate on form and thought it went well, for the first time i have ever done this exercise. Now the ache has started and my glutes are very tender feels like someone has come and kicked me in the ****, is this a normal feeling for the exercise.

·
Time to get hench!
734 Posts
fitdog said:
Now the ache has started and my glutes are very tender feels like someone has come and kicked me in the ****, is this a normal feeling for the exercise.
Yes mate - you obviously performed them properly! Will prob ache for a few days - i know mine did! :D

·
Time to get hench!
734 Posts
kieren1234 said:
I did feel them in my glutes the first few times i dont them (where form may not have been right) but dont anymore. Lower back, lats and traps feel them alot.
Maybe we're both doing them wrong then!?!?!? Thought it was just until the muscles in the glutes got used to the movement?!?!?! :)

·
Time to get hench!
734 Posts
Will101 said:
Nice work mate!

I tend to find lighter weights at high reps get my glutes more. When I go heavy for 1-2 reps, it is more lats. No idea why this !!
So the answer is go heavier - lower reps and you feel it in your lats, not heavy enough and high reps it's a pain in the a$$ Ha! :thumb:

·
Looking Freaky
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers lads, really will have to start training with my brother so as to keep an eye on my form as weight improves as i cant afford an injury, at moment training on my own which i enjoy but the weights are going up and im pushing my self more every week.

What are the differences in muscles used between standard deads and sldl?

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
kieren1234 said:
I did feel them in my glutes the first few times i dont them (where form may not have been right) but dont anymore. Lower back, lats and traps feel them alot.
actually kieren normal deadlifts can use your glutes and hams also, depends on how low you put your ass when starting and how much you use your legs, some folks hips drive straight up then there back after, i try to get mines up the same pace as my back, although i am using my glutes hams i never feel it there funnily enough

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.