UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an operation coming up in 2 months. It's a 'minor' one in the grand scheme of things. Fixing a deviated septum due to a nose fracture.

You reckon it will be advisable to stop my cycle? Or how close to it. Should I consider?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got an operation coming up in 2 months. It's a 'minor' one in the grand scheme of things. Fixing a deviated septum due to a nose fracture.

You reckon it will be advisable to stop my cycle? Or how close to it. Should I consider?
2 months is a small cycle away in itself. I would carry on as normal and then take a few weeks off weight training but still go out for walks etc. You'll be advised not to exercise for a set period as @TURBS said but you're an adult and can make a judgement call if you feel a light session wouldn't be detrimental.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
2 months is a small cycle away in itself. I would carry on as normal and then take a few weeks off weight training but still go out for walks etc. You'll be advised not to exercise for a set period as @TURBS said but you're an adult and can make a judgement call if you feel a light session wouldn't be detrimental.
You shouldn’t be giving advice on something like this. The best advice is talk to the doctor and do what he says to do. Ffs 🤦🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got tempted and had a sneak peak at Johnny's post. Yes, it's always a good idea to talk to your Dr. Except telling them that you're blasting steroids is a bad idea all round as it'll then go onto your medical records.

Lots of people have had minor ops on gear, mostly gyno surgery. No issues whatsoever. What do TRT patients do when they need surgery? Drop their TRT?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I got tempted and had a sneak peak at Johnny's post. Yes, it's always a good idea to talk to your Dr. Except telling them that you're blasting steroids is a bad idea all round as it'll then go onto your medical records.

Lots of people have had minor ops on gear, mostly gyno surgery. No issues whatsoever. What do TRT patients do when they need surgery? Drop their TRT?
Doctor prescribed TRT brings your test levels to normal natural levels you melon. Not supra physiological levels which negatively effect many things and can be detrimental to things like having surgery.

hence why he should speak to the doctor and not take your sh!tty, fake account advice.

·
Administrator
7,424 Posts
hence why he should speak to the doctor and not take your sh!tty, fake account advice.
How exactly is his local GP going to advise on his upcoming steroid cycle and it's interaction with a minor op?

IMO the main issue is the rest and recovery time required after the op, rather than what steroids he is or will be taking.
I wouldn't start a cycle knowing I had to take a break and as the op is nose related, pushing heavy weights is not a good idea until healed.

·
Premium Member
17,313 Posts
Had an operation similar myself, but probably more work involved. Can't see why the cycle would have much of an issue really.

Getting a bit more work done on 1st September but will be cruising anyway

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got tempted to have another read of Johnny Big Gun's posts. This isn't a fake account, it's really me in the picture.

Whoever moderates this forum should just give him a ban because he's a muppet who's too big for his boots. He really should know his place, which apparently is the kitchen.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
How exactly is his local GP going to advise on his upcoming steroid cycle and it's interaction with a minor op?

IMO the main issue is the rest and recovery time required after the op, rather than what steroids he is or will be taking.
I wouldn't start a cycle knowing I had to take a break and as the op is nose related, pushing heavy weights is not a good idea until healed.
What I’m saying is that he should take advice of a doctor, rather than randoms on a forum for having an operation. I didn’t say get cycle advice from a doctor.

·
Administrator
7,424 Posts
What I’m saying is that he should take advice of a doctor, rather than randoms on a forum for having an operation. I didn’t say get cycle advice from a doctor.
TBH I would rather have advise off of those that have been through it, first hand experience and all that.
My consultant pre op told me that I wouldn't be able to breathe through my nose for at least a week, when in reality I was able to breathe as soon as I woke up.

·
Premium Member
17,313 Posts
TBH I would rather have advise off of those that have been through it, first hand experience and all that.
My consultant pre op told me that I wouldn't be able to breathe through my nose for at least a week, when in reality I was able to breathe as soon as I woke up.
Mine was the next day when they removed the 2 tampax out of my nostrils :ROFLMAO:

Got to go back for some minor corrective work as the scar tissue has joined in the right nostril

1 - 20 of 33 Posts