UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Know a tiny bit more than nothing!
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working out properly this time for about 5 months and there are gains, but I do want to see them a bit more now. I have been avoiding carbs for 1 week and plan to carry my diet on for another 3 at least:-

6 foot tall, Was 15 stone 10 after one week I am now 15 stone 7. My diet below:-

7am 3 x scrambled eggs

10am 27 grams of protein with 1/2 pint of milk and 1 raw egg.

12pm Chicken breast / Mackeral with green salad

3pm 100g of cottage cheese on rivita

6pm Dinner usual mince / fish / chicken with salad

7pm Pre work out shake (as above)

7:30pm Train

8:30 Finish training and another shake

Any advice would be good to get me on the right track. Also wondered with this diet, will you still gain muscle??

it works out from fit day that this is around 2100 kal, 238 protein, 61 carbs.

Thanks

·
push up or shut up
2,464 Posts
looks ok i do somet similar ie;

7am 2 eggs scrambled

8am protein shake

10am tuna salad

1pm chicken and veg and fish oil cap

4pm dinner mince and veg etc..

creatine shake b4 workout

and protein shake after workout

some people would probable tell u to cut the cottage cheese and ryvita out hope this sort of helps!! it has to im the only one who replied!! good luck !! also id keep carbs below 50 grams a day

G

·
Water instead of milk in your protein shake, milk is packed with carbs, try to get your 61g of carbs or whatever from a better source, oats or something. If you're going to more or less get rid of carbs you need to increase your fat intake as well - eggs, nuts, extra virgin olive oil, cheese, etc.

·
Know a tiny bit more than nothing!
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks to you two, this at least lets me know I am on the right track. Will take note of what you have both said and alter a little as suggested.

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
Why are yiu avoiding carbs to diet? Carbs aren't your enemy. And it looks for your weight and hieght that your not eating enough even for a diet, you will lose alot of your gains like that.

·
....On a quest to be an animal..
2,026 Posts
najybomb said:
Why are yiu avoiding carbs to diet? Carbs aren't your enemy. And it looks for your weight and hieght that your not eating enough even for a diet, you will lose alot of your gains like that.
what is his enemy? any pointers on how you would attack it?

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
Carloies are his enemy. This fad of low carb dieting is just abit strange in my opinion. Shouldn't be the first thing you do it should be one of the last resorts. Get your diet in balance, and count calories. Because it's excessive calories that make you gain fat. Not a carb. Then you want to work out certain meal placings aswell, timings are important

·
Banned
10,291 Posts
najybomb said:
Carloies are his enemy. This fad of low carb dieting is just abit strange in my opinion. Shouldn't be the first thing you do it should be one of the last resorts. Get your diet in balance, and count calories. Because it's excessive calories that make you gain fat. Not a carb. Then you want to work out certain meal placings aswell, timings are important
Good post

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Unless you want to get down to sub 10% BF you dont need to cut out all your carbs!

You would be far better off eating balanced meals at a calorie load that supports health but allows gentle release of bodyfat, preferably aided by a combination of resistance and cardio exercise.

The principle of no carb diets is Insulin control. So you can achieve this still by eating Low GI/Insulin Index foods and seperating carbs and fats so....

A meal would consist of either Protein and low GI Carbs OR Protein and Fats but NOT Fats and Carbs and NEVER Sugar and Sat/Trans Fats. That being said, mixing LOW GI carbs and good fats has never done me any harm! lol but all things in moderation.

Overall your calorie load should be low enough to reduce BF without affecting metabolism too adversely or stripping off your muscle, there are many formulae for this, have a look on John Berardi's site for some excellent articles.

SD

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
Of course an excess of calories will be stored as fat.

Nobody has yet agreed what a balanced diet is.

It's your carb intake, not your fat intake, that governs your fat storage. If you give your body an appreciable amount of carbs it will not release and store your bodyfat efficiently.

Some of us believe that people eat too many carbs - especially cereals, like oats - and not enough fats.

Today, however, carbs are people's main source of vitamins and some minerals, so salads, fruit and steamed vegetables are the best carbs to eat.

Fixing your protein intake (per your bodyweight), enjoying a moderate amount of fat, and controling your fat storage by adjusting your carb intake (a classic 3-variable control approach) are very effective at allowing you to lose flab and gain muscle at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.