UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gym Addict
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying hard to cut for the lean look. I currently 6'1" and around 16 stone.

This is my diet:

08:00 - Oats (50g) and 6 egg whites

10:30 - Tin of tuna or chicken breast

12:30 - Rice or cois cois (100g), chicken breast, 4 sprigs broccolli and 50g peanut butter

16:00 - 1 scoop protein shake and 4 egg whites

WO

19:00 - 2 scoop protein shake

19:30 - Rice or cois cois (100g), chicken breast, 4 sprigs broccolli and 50g peanut butter

23:00 - Cottage cheese (300g)

I am training 3-4 days a week with 1 hour low intensity cardio after each session. I also play squash once a week and try to walk/cycle as often as I can.

Can any of you experts give advice with this diet. Wishing to get from around 18% BF to 12% BF.

Thanks

Keith

·
Gym Addict
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone advise whether this is a good plan or it needs adjusting slightly. I have just bought some LEW so tend to drink this instead of the 10:30am chicken or tuna. :)

I weighed myself at the weekend and down to 15st 9lb!

·
Gym Addict
313 Posts
Ever thought of trying a keto diet ???? have just started one this week andhave heard good things for some..... if its not for you cut carbs out after lunch and you will burn more b/f-weight..... good luck mate the hardest thing to do is to strip out.........

·
Gym Addict
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't want to start a Keto diet just yet as I kind of got the impression this was more of a diet to shift the last few pounds. I think just a carb deficit would be best to start with. :)

·
Too old for this ****
9,636 Posts
Keithy5 said:
I have started this diet again, can anyone tell if this is ok for what I am looking for? :)
did it work last time? if the answer is yes. If not, no.

The food you stated hasn't evolved dramatically in the past 3 years from a nutritional perspective

·
Newbie Trainer
14 Posts
Wow that was some time ago that you where going to start that diet originally! How did you get on? what are your current stats e.g BF %? You are at a similar starting point that I was at... I can fully recommend the "primal" type diets... e.g low carb high fat and high protein. I urge you to read a book called "the primal blueprint" this helped me immensely and also using myfitnesspal web/mobile app to balance my macros correctly to support my goals. Hope this helps dude! Good luck :) stay on it!

·
Gym Addict
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
#thedominator said:
Wow that was some time ago that you where going to start that diet originally! How did you get on? what are your current stats e.g BF %? You are at a similar starting point that I was at... I can fully recommend the "primal" type diets... e.g low carb high fat and high protein. I urge you to read a book called "the primal blueprint" this helped me immensely and also using myfitnesspal web/mobile app to balance my macros correctly to support my goals. Hope this helps dude! Good luck :) stay on it!
Helped greatly last time but I have slowly creeped my weight back up to a similar position.

I may look at getting that app, is it a free download? What macros were you using on a daily basis?

I checked recently and I am currently at 19% BF. I would love to get to 10% BF this time!

·
Newbie Trainer
14 Posts
Keithy5 said:
Helped greatly last time but I have slowly creeped my weight back up to a similar position.

I may look at getting that app, is it a free download? What macros were you using on a daily basis?

I checked recently and I am currently at 19% BF. I would love to get to 10% BF this time!
The good news is you've done it before (or at least made a good start!) so you kinda have a head start in that sense. Yep the app is free. I find it useful to track my calories, macros etc. My macros will be different from you and the next man because It depends on the individual, your lifestyle, your training, and your current stats. I'd recommend taking a look into working out your maintenance calories etc and how often you plan to train etc.

I'd probably hazard a guess that you'd want to keep carbs under 100g at the start then drop to 50g or under once you get used to cutting carbs down, protein at around 200g per day (based on 16 stone) and fat depends on how much energy you need... probs arond 50-100g i'd guess (also need to balance it with carb intake above). Calories i'd guess would be about 1600-1800 for you in order to loose weight on a daily basis.

All the above is estimating based on the weight and stats you gave so you will need to work it out properly for yourself but hopefully it gives you an idea and something to start looking into.

Hope this helps.

Good luck, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

·
Looking Freaky
839 Posts
I'm 13 stone now and cutting on 2200 cals dropped , 27lbs in 16 weeks .. I wouldn't jump straight into 1800 cals a day, adjust it slowly when weigh loss stops shave off 50-100 cals a day and go again and some cardio in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.