UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm 183 cm tall and weight 91kg. I do light exercise usually (more often boring cardio) and spend some time sitting doing studies etc. I am 36. I am starting a cutting regimen to shred some body fat which I measured at around 23% and ideally want to get down to 80kg and 12% body fat. I know this will take time and a lot of effort but is this possible in my case? I have been plant based for about 10 years now but I often find myself snacking on foods that aren't the best, such as peanuts, biscuits etc.
I am wondering how to start the cut, too. How do I approach it? Sorry if this seems stupid, but need some pointers and a kick up the backside!

Thanks everyone.

P.

·
Premium Member
12,643 Posts
Eat less calories than you use in a day. Dieting is that simple. Work out your tdee here: TDEE Calculator: Learn Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure

The above will calculate cutting macros. Track what you eat on myfitnesspal. Minus 500 on tdee should see you lose about 2lb a week. Adjust as required.

12 percent body fat isn’t easy for many though. That final bit of fat which in men will usually be your belly and might be neigh on impossible to shift unless you use drugs. Your tdee will also go down as you get nearer and you could end up looking like an aids victim. Dieting will also be detrimental to natural testosterone production, especially given you are vegetarian/vegan. If you want to look better ideally you need to resistance train.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Eat less calories than you use in a day. Dieting is that simple. Work out your tdee here: TDEE Calculator: Learn Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure

The above will calculate cutting macros. Track what you eat on myfitnesspal. Minus 500 on tdee should see you lose about 2lb a week. Adjust as required.

12 percent body fat isn’t easy for many though. That final bit of fat which in men will usually be your belly and might be neigh on impossible to shift unless you use drugs. Your tdee will also go down as you get nearer and you could end up looking like an aids victim. Dieting will also be detrimental to natural testosterone production, especially given you are vegetarian/vegan. If you want to look better ideally you need to resistance train.
This guy is right on the TDEE but he's talking complete and utter b*llocks about you may need drugs to get to 12% BF. Getting to 12% BF is easy if you have discipline and can control what you put down your gob. It's the sub 8% that takes a toll on you

·
Premium Member
12,643 Posts
This guy is right on the TDEE but he's talking complete and utter b*llocks about you may need drugs to get to 12% BF. Getting to 12% BF is easy if you have discipline and can control what you put down your gob. It's the sub 8% that takes a toll on you
I suggest you read my post again. I never stated that you need drugs to get down to 12 percent body fat. A lot of men are a strange shape and losing that last bit of fat can be incredibly difficult

·
Registered
27 Posts
I suggest you read my post again. I never stated that you need drugs to get down to 12 percent body fat. A lot of men are a strange shape and losing that last bit of fat can be incredibly difficult
Wrong. You're just a little b#tch and can't suffer a calorie deficit for a prolonged period of time. 12% body fat is a walk in the park

·
Premium Member
12,643 Posts
You're just a little b#tch
You seem rather unintelligent from this retort alone. No need for this. Back on topic. I have the skinniest body one could imagine (think Peter Crouch who used to be a good footballer) I’m in the same frame yet despite this I have never had abs. My stomach is the only part of my body where fat sits. I was just pointing out that the ideal look can be difficult unless you use drugs. Go figure.

Ps. Post pics of what you look like.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Firstly, work out your TDEE;

Then, plan a suitable marco breakdown based on how many calories you would like to consume per day;

As you get closer and closer to your goal, your metabolism will slow. This will likely need a change of diet, change of exercises, or a PED to boost metabolism.

I would recommend weight raining while trying to loose weight but maintain muscle. If the body has muscle that it isn't using while in a deficient for long enough it's just as likely to burn that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts