UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Going away on a trip for a month in 2 weeks, was wondering if I could get an estimate of my body fat and then advice on whether to start a cut or a bulk when I return. also what to do in the two periods before I go have been injured for around 2 months (Broke my knee) and have only been able to train properly for around 6 weeks so am looking for a new training program and general advice. pictures take relaxed Art Circle Font Event Monochrome photography

Art Circle Font Event Monochrome photography

Attachments

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Lack of answers are for various reasons. bf% is totally irrelevant, why does it matter if it's 17% or 23%. Also, there's no way of telling, you could even hop on 3 different fat measuring scales and get wildly varying measurements. Again...it doesn't matter, plus we can't tell, body fat is measure across the whole body, which we can't see, so all you'll get is uneducated estimates. Are you happy with your body composition? This is more pertinent than numbers on the scale. Weather you should cut or bulk is subjective. If you're happy with your fat levels, bulk, if not, cut...this has always been the general rule. I wouldn't bulk if I were you. If I can't see my abs, bulking is the last thing on my mind. Buuuuuut, that's just me, which goes back to my 1st comment, if you're good with how you look, then bulk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, the reason I was interested in specific body fat as I want to know roughly how many pounds I have to lose relative to lean body mass to get to around 10% and then I can work out a time frame for my cut. Think I will start a cut upon my return the issue is that I am currently 154ibs, so wondering how long I will roughly be cutting for before I can start a more progressive lean bulk in terms of lean body mass. With regards to the pictures, I have attached some others of current condition rough estimates are appreciated using the Navy method estimates are around 13-15%, was wondering if others would agree. first 2 relaxed second two flexed.

Attachments

·
ô¿ô
16,669 Posts
the reason I was interested in specific body fat as I want to know roughly how many pounds I have to lose relative to lean body mass to get to around 10% and then I can work out a time frame for my cut
Even if it were possible for someone to give you an accurate answer (which they can't), there is no particular reason that 10% has particular relevance as a target, and trying to predict rates of fat loss through a cut is also tough.

You're in decent shape though :thumbup1: .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.