UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Bear
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my gym isn't the best equipped in the world (although certainly not the worst!) it doesn't have a wrist roller so I was forced to borrow one off one of the instructors which his training partner made out of an old broom handle and a dog lead!

After using it and being in some insanely awesome pain I decided I needed one, and having seen some for sale on the net and not being impressed with the design I contacted an engineer who for £18 lathed out a handle for me using my measurements so the knurled grip panels are exactly where they need to be for my hands. Just under £7 also got me some rope and clips from B&Q so for less than £25 I now have a new toy just in time for arms session tomorrow! :laugh:

bfj9yg.jpg

·
The Bear
304 Posts
ooomoo said:
that dosnt look very stong lol
Not sure of the strength of the bar, but unless you can wrist roll over 65kg (a feat I would sincerely love to see someone do!) then the rope isn't going to snap, and according to the very experienced engineer the rope would certainly break before the bar bent! Admittedly the clips would likely buckle before the rope snapped however they were cheap and adequate for their purpose, if I need a stronger one I can just borrow one from my climbing gear which would have a breaking strength of 23kN (you could bungee jump off it)!

So yeah, it is strong!

·
The Bear
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was tempted to do a few when the engineer asked how many I wanted. But I'm not sure if I've used the best knots so I'll use it a bit and see what interest there is from the gym or my other mates who train. They're not hard at all to do and he cut me the handle within 24 hours.

·
Dont give up on us baby
7,730 Posts
Looks good mate, price shot up a little though from £7.00, how come the rope and clips were so expensive, made mine out of some really thick pipe, works a treat and cost me nothing, as said get the price down a bit, and sell them on ebay.

·
The Bear
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The handle was £18 and the rope and clips just under £7 (I could have made that clearer!), but I got more rope then I needed in case I c*cked up! I could probably have got some pipe myself and cut it but the engineer made an awesome job of smoothing all the edges out and knurling the grip panels, so worth the money imo!

·
Dont give up on us baby
7,730 Posts
richh said:
The handle was £18 and the rope and clips just under £7 (I could have made that clearer!), but I got more rope then I needed in case I c*cked up! I could probably have got some pipe myself and cut it but the engineer made an awesome job of smoothing all the edges out and knurling the grip panels, so worth the money imo!
Sorry, just reread it lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.