UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads,

Same old story, been feeling shitty for quite a few years now, lack of motivation, drive and not at lot interests me anymore. I get anxious sometimes. I wouldn't say depressed but more just flat.

More recently less interest in sex, less morning woods. When it is time to perform I can but not really excited about it..

Anyway i'm 44 healthy, in good shape, strong. (I can squat double my body weight). Not super fit, resting heart rate is high 60s I'm 82kg and about 18/20% body fat. Never taken any steroids.

I could feel something was not right and after some digging on the internet, I looked into TRT and thought I would get my blood checked.

Got a home test a few weeks ago and these were the results:

This was after 6 weeks of traveling for work, so shitty diet and not a lot of working out. Probably the reason for high Cholesterol.

Test taken at 8am
Albumin 50 g/L (Range: 34 - 50)
SHBG 23 nmol/L (Range: 16 - 55)
Testosterone 9.4 nmol/L
Free Testosterone - Calc. 0.204 nmol/L (Range: 0.2 - 0.62)

My immediate reaction was FUUUCKKK. I booked an appointment at the leger clinic (22/7/21) and ordered a complete trt blood test.

My testosterone had increased to 11.4 and free test to 0.248. This was 1 week later

Test taken at 9:30 am
Complete results:

Red Blood Cells

Haemoglobin 155 g/L (Range: 130 - 170)
Haematocrit 0.498 (Range: 0.37 - 0.5)
Red Cell Count 4.86 x10^12/L (Range: 4.4 - 5.8)
MCV X 102.5 fL (Range: 80 - 99)
MCH 31.9 pg (Range: 26 - 33.5)
MCHC 311 g/L (Range: 300 - 350)
RDW 12.7 (Range: 11.5 - 15)

White Blood Cells

White Cell Count 5.44 x10^9/L (Range: 3 - 10)
Neutrophils 3.11 x10^9/L (Range: 2 - 7.5)
Lymphocytes 1.52 x10^9/L (Range: 1.2 - 3.65)
Monocytes 0.57 x10^9/L (Range: 0.2 - 1)
Eosinophils 0.19 x10^9/L (Range: 0 - 0.4)
Basophils 0.05 x10^9/L (Range: 0 - 0.1)

Clotting Status

Platelet Count 309 x10^9/L (Range: 150 - 400)
MPV 10.7 fL (Range: 7 - 13)
Kidney Health
Urea 5.5 mmol/L (Range: 1.7 - 8.3)
Creatinine 102 umol/L (Range: 66 - 112)
eGFR 71 .
For UK guidelines:
www.renal.org/information-resources
(Range: ≥ 60)

Liver Health

Bilirubin 10 umol/L (Range: 0 - 20)
ALP 83 IU/L (Range: 40 - 129)
ALT 38 IU/L (Range: 10 - 50)
GGT 37 IU/L (Range: 10 - 71)

Proteins

Total Protein 73 g/L (Range: 63 - 83)
Albumin X 51 g/L (Range: 34 - 50)
Globulin 22 g/L (Range: 19 - 35)
SHBG 23 nmol/L (Range: 16 - 55)

Diabetes

HbA1c 35 mmol/mol (Range: 20 - 42)

Cholesterol Status

Total Cholesterol X 5.2 mmol/L (Range: < 5)
LDL Cholesterol X 3.6 mmol/L (Range: ≤ 3)
Non HDL Cholesterol X 4.1 mmol/L (Range: < 3.8)
HDL Cholesterol 1.1 mmol/L (Range: ≥ 0.9)
Total Cholesterol : HDL X 4.7 (Range: < 4)
Fasting Triglycerides 1.2 mmol/L (Range: < 2.3)

Gout Risk

Uric Acid 384 umol/L (Range: 266 - 474)

Muscle Health

Creatine Kinase X 686 IU/L (Range: 38 - 204)

Iron Status

Iron X 40.0 umol/L (Range: 10.6 - 28.3)
TIBC 56 umol/L (Range: 41 - 77)
Transferrin Saturation X 71 % (Range: 20 - 55)
Ferritin 232 ug/L (Range: 30 - 400)

Thyroid Hormones

TSH 2.11 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free T3 5.4 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)
Free Thyroxine 16.9 pmol/l (Range: 12 - 22)

Hormones

FSH 4.3 IU/L (Range: 1.5 - 12.4)
LH 4.3 IU/L (Range: 1.7 - 8.6)
Oestradiol 72 pmol/L (Range: < 192)
Testosterone 11.4 nmol/L (Range: 7.6 - 31.4)
Free Testosterone - Calc. 0.248 nmol/L (Range: 0.2 - 0.62)
Prolactin 175 mIU/L (Range: 86 - 324)

Prostate

PSA - Total 1.12 ug/l

What do you think of these level guys? Should I start taking trt? will it wake me up make me feel alive again?

·
Newbie Trainer
17 Posts
From quick look PSA high end, mines never higher than 0.2 even with trt. Your free test is low side, Thyroid looks good. Prob get checked by an endo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From quick look PSA high end, mines never higher than 0.2 even with trt. Your free test is low side, Thyroid looks good. Prob get checked by an endo.
Thanks Naz, could be my age 44. I had my PSA measured last year as I was waking up early every morning to go to the toilet. It was at 1.2 but the doctor says it's fine. I certainly couldn't piss over a 6 foot wall like I could when I was a kid haha.

I cancelled my appointment at the ledger clinic for now as after looking into my results my MCV was high and this could have been down to a B12 deficiency which can lower testosterone have a similar effect to low T with regards to tiredness, low mood etc.

I called the Doc on Monday, they took a full blood test on Wednesday and the results are dripping back to my NHS app already, pretty efficient. B12 and Folate is fine and MCV is back in range.

I told the Doc about my concern about low T and that I had contacted a private clinic, she asked why I didn't go to them, I said that I read a lot of bad experiences with the NHS and low T. She was actually really nice. We will see what's next....

·
Newbie Trainer
17 Posts
Thanks Naz, could be my age 44. I had my PSA measured last year as I was waking up early every morning to go to the toilet. It was at 1.2 but the doctor says it's fine. I certainly couldn't piss over a 6 foot wall like I could when I was a kid haha.

I cancelled my appointment at the ledger clinic for now as after looking into my results my MCV was high and this could have been down to a B12 deficiency which can lower testosterone have a similar effect to low T with regards to tiredness, low mood etc.

I called the Doc on Monday, they took a full blood test on Wednesday and the results are dripping back to my NHS app already, pretty efficient. B12 and Folate is fine and MCV is back in range.

I told the Doc about my concern about low T and that I had contacted a private clinic, she asked why I didn't go to them, I said that I read a lot of bad experiences with the NHS and low T. She was actually really nice. We will see what's next....
Ok keep posted if NHS offers you enanthate think its only Neibido.

On TRT I was getting up more often at night. I get up as well once but my psa is lower than yours, maybe something else is causing it. My B12 is over limit but energy is still not good.

I didnt know there was an NHS app that sends you blood results will look into it.

·
Premium Member
12,644 Posts
What do you think of these levels guys? Should I start taking trt?

There isn’t anything wrong with your hormones. Digging on the internet is the worst place to dig because there’s plenty of private trt companies lying in wait for their next victim and they will tell you that you have low testosterone even when you don’t based on very limited “medical studies”

I’m afraid you are simply getting old. Sex isn’t as much fun as it used to be. Things aren’t as interesting. Morning wood is for teenagers. My last natural bloods were the same as yours and I felt fine. If you think that increasing your testosterone levels will make you feel any better then you are mistaken.

By all means throw money at a private trt company and chemically castrate yourself if you want but don’t say you haven’t been warned if it doesn’t work out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So an update....

My results have come back form the NHS tests.

My testosterone is now at 12.8 nmol.

Cholesterol is all back in range.

This can only be down to good diet and back in the gym after 6 weeks of travelling and eating pretty poor by my usual standards. Clearly just 2 - 3 weeks can make a big difference.

For now I will try to increase my testosterone level naturally and get them tested again in 6 weeks and what improvements I can make.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Is that right, really?

I think with sufficient androgens (and estrogen) this should continue long term?
To a point you are correct. But you’ll never be like you were as a teenager once you get over 30

Just ain’t happening, trt or not. Testosterone is not the only factor with wood

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Ok, chuck in a pde5 inhibitor ;)
I’m alright mate thanks. I’ve accepted the fact I’m in my 40s and getting older, few boners a week will do for me

You crack on though bro, if it makes you happy waking up with a boner everyday then I’m happy for you too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts