UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys a bit of advice here would be appreciated.

I'm 32 and after 12 years in the army it's about time I put on some weight! I'm sure I'm not the only guy with a high metabolism but mine seems to be ridiculously fast and has been for as long as I can remember. I have been an 11 and a half stone skinny wretch since I was 18, no more, no less!

I eat s**t loads....and mean carbs, protein, shakes, as well as the fatty stuff now and then but my body just burns it up and I just cant put on an ounce.

I train mainly at home on a multigym 3/4 times a week for an hour or so at a time, whilst constantly taking on fluids. Yes I smoke (no lecture required) but I hardly ever drink alcohol and take zero recreational drugs.

What am I doing wrong? Are steroids the answer and if so any suggestions on what type and in what dose and how often.......where do I start?? (I'm not asking for sources)

I'm 6ft tall and my Ideal target weight is 13-14 stone

Like I said, any advice/info is appreciated....thanks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,412 Posts
Welcome to the board.

The first thing we need to do is make sure you really are eating enough and of the right foods, if you can't gain weight you are simply not eating enough to ellicit muscle growth.

I also have a very fast metabolism and thought my diet was good, after much research i realised my diet was nowhere near adequate for building muscle.

Post your daily diet in detail.
 

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mars1960

A typical daily diet would include the following:

Breakfast - bowl of cereal (muesli or porridge), 1 banana/apple, poached eggs on brown toast(two slices and two eggs), pint of milk or glass of orange juice.

Protein shake (myofusion)

Lunch is normally on the go so I get what I can...usually pasta, sandwiches or baked spud and filling with fruit and yoghurt. but admittedly I'm often so short of time I'll resort to a burger van....but do usually stick to chicken burgers!

Dinner: I eat a lot of pasta with chicken pesto/tomatoes etc. I often have a big steak usually with mash or boiled spuds and veg. fruit, protein shake.

I snack throughout the day....more fruit, sometimes chocolate or nuts and I also take on fluids regularly (water/powerade/fruitjuice)

All the above is a good idea of my daily calorie intake.....and actually now that it's written down it does seem a bit inadequate! What are your thoughts?

Great forum by the way guys!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
322 Posts
Simply put youre not eating enough. try this

1: 8 eggs on 4 slices wholemeal toast.

2: 100g oats, 2 scoop whey, 50g cashew nuts

3: 250g chicken breast with 100g rice or pasta and a piece of fruit and some form of fats, nuts etc

4: same as meal 3

5: 2 scoops whey and 50g simple carbs

6: steak and potatoes with veg drizzled with olive oil

7: 250g cottage cheese with 50g cashews

see how you get on with that
 

·
EFBB Winner
Joined
·
4,316 Posts
Razorblade said:
Simply put youre not eating enough. try this

1: 8 eggs on 4 slices wholemeal toast.

2: 100g oats, 2 scoop whey, 50g cashew nuts

3: 250g chicken breast with 100g rice or pasta and a piece of fruit and some form of fats, nuts etc

4: same as meal 3

5: 2 scoops whey and 50g simple carbs

6: steak and potatoes with veg drizzled with olive oil

7: 250g cottage cheese with 50g cashews

see how you get on with that
Thats alot of eating for someone whos just starting out , he'll get sick of all that . OP try and eat between 1-1.5grms protien per bodyweight , im near sure its 2-3 grms carbs .
 

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That nutrition guide is superb and also explains why so many calories are needed, I was clearly eating nowhere near enough food so thanks for that. I'm not a fussy eater so if it's edible.....it's going down the hatch.

Thanks for for the tips guys.....better get my skinny ass down tesco's!! haha
 

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One other thing....Razorblade, I like your daily menu suggestion but steps 3 and 4 would always be tough as I work on the roads and don't often get time to prepare food.....can you suggest an "off the shelf" alternative? sorry to bug you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
322 Posts
Blue-bird said:
One other thing....Razorblade, I like your daily menu suggestion but steps 3 and 4 would always be tough as I work on the roads and don't often get time to prepare food.....can you suggest an "off the shelf" alternative? sorry to bug you.
no worries mate you could just make your own chicken wrap with salad in or something if thats easier? or have a shake with oats and nuts/olive oil
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
160 Posts
that was basically a normal diet with a shake thrown in, im never sure to believe people when they say they dont have time to prepare food

are you working 14 hour shifts or something

also im not sure about these multi gyms as there simply isnt enough weight on them to push someone hard enough to grow

canyou make it to a gym, maybe you would get more of an idea on building muscle if you were in contact with other bodybuilders
 

·
100+ kg
Joined
·
828 Posts
Razorblade said:
Simply put youre not eating enough. try this

1: 8 eggs on 4 slices wholemeal toast.

2: 100g oats, 2 scoop whey, 50g cashew nuts

3: 250g chicken breast with 100g rice or pasta and a piece of fruit and some form of fats, nuts etc

4: same as meal 3

5: 2 scoops whey and 50g simple carbs

6: steak and potatoes with veg drizzled with olive oil

7: 250g cottage cheese with 50g cashews

see how you get on with that
I'm gonna do that when I'm on AAS, damn that's sounds tasty, esp. meal 3 and 4 :thumb:
 

·
I am the master....The iron is my Gimp!
Joined
·
3,954 Posts
I find it best to prepare most of the next days food, the night before, have got it down to around 35mins.

I then have everything ready for work in the morning. I use those plastic tubs you get from the Chinese takeaway, i can then have each meal in a different tub, with some protein shakes, one with some blended oats, in screw to plastic cups.

Planning everything in advance, is a must for me, otherwise would be disaster.

Good luck mate
 

·
Kadampa.org
Joined
·
2,914 Posts
Blue-bird said:
One other thing....Razorblade, I like your daily menu suggestion but steps 3 and 4 would always be tough as I work on the roads and don't often get time to prepare food.....can you suggest an "off the shelf" alternative? sorry to bug you.
cold jacket potato are fine and take a tin of tuna or sardines too

get a small bottle of extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar in your bag too

peanut batter if you run out of ideas
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
829 Posts
Id say first step is to find out how many calories you need daily, add maybe 3-400 more and then split your total into 6

So say you need 3000 cal a day to gain weight, that means you would need 6 meals at 500 cals.

Step two would be your Carb/Protein/Fat ratio. I would reccomend I half carbs, 2 sixths protein and 1 sixth Fats.

Next is to implament it :)

If im wrong on the ratios though, please say so as im also still learning :)
 

·
EFBB Winner
Joined
·
4,316 Posts
hendrix said:
Yeah, agrre with above them little tins of mackerel are great, made me unpopular with co-workers though.
Lhem tins makerel but i think they have sh1t loads fat in them , im near sure there is 15grms fat in 100grms thats some serious fat content ,compare that to a tin of tuna im near sure theres only 1grm fat in 130g tim tuna .
 

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
51 Posts
I was only a few weeks ago in exactley the same position as you. Your also about the same build as me from your desciption and the same metabolism too. You can read my log here http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/member-journals-pictures/107765-synergys-quest-muscle-gain.html

Now i'm not suggesting you do the same but what i will say is that steroids can help people like us tremedously when it comes to putting weight on, steroids are not just for pro bodybuilders, they where invented to put weight on just about anybody so its your decision and yours alone. Also before anybody starts flaming my methods saying you wont get anywhere near what someone would if you had your diet sorted etc...thing is i'm getting WAYYY more gains than i ever thought possible even with my "crappy" diet ! I'm just making sure i get 200 plus grams of protein a day and as many carbs as my poor appetite will allow and i'm gaining plenty fast enough. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Also remember that your body can only use 50 ish grams of protein every few hours or so anyway. Just get 40-50 ish grams down your neck in a shake or whatever. 4 shakes alone a day mixed with a pint full fat milk should get you somewhere near 200 grams ish. another way is just eating your normal daily diet and drink 8 pints of full fat milk a day and you will definitly gain weight.

here's my diet

7 am- 1 shake made with 1 pint full fat milk + 30 mg Dbol :D

ABout 5 cups of tea....

8.30am- 2-3 boiled eggs 2 pieces toast

10am- 1 shake made with 1 pint full fat milk

11am- handfull peanuts

12noon-1 can tuna with 1 saucepan full of pasta (pre workout)

2pm 1 shake mixed with 1 pint full fat milk. (Post workout)

3pm 1 banana

5pm 1 chicken breast 1 cup long grain rice bowl of salad with olive oil and feta cheese and whole olives.

7pm 1 shake mixed with 1 pint full fat milk

9pm 1 tin mackeral fillets on 2 slices toast + 20 mg Dbol :D

11pm 1 shake mixed with 1 pint full fat milk.

I havent a clue how many calories that is but it definitly puts weight on me, so much so that quite a few of my clothes dont fit me anymore after just a month.
 

·
EFBB Winner
Joined
·
4,316 Posts
Synergy said:
I was only a few weeks ago in exactley the same position as you. Your also about the same build as me from your desciption and the same metabolism too. You can read my log here http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/member-journals-pictures/107765-synergys-quest-muscle-gain.html

Now i'm not suggesting you do the same but what i will say is that steroids can help people like us tremedously when it comes to putting weight on, steroids are not just for pro bodybuilders, they where invented to put weight on just about anybody so its your decision and yours alone. Also before anybody starts flaming my methods saying you wont get anywhere near what someone would if you had your diet sorted etc...thing is i'm getting WAYYY more gains than i ever thought possible even with my "crappy" diet ! I'm just making sure i get 200 plus grams of protein a day and as many carbs as my poor appetite will allow and i'm gaining plenty fast enough. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Also remember that your body can only use 50 ish grams of protein every few hours or so anyway. Just get 40-50 ish grams down your neck in a shake or whatever. 4 shakes alone a day mixed with a pint full fat milk should get you somewhere near 200 grams ish. another way is just eating your normal daily diet and drink 8 pints of full fat milk a day and you will definitly gain weight.

here's my diet

7 am- 1 shake made with 1 pint full fat milk + 30 mg Dbol :D

ABout 5 cups of tea....

8.30am- 2-3 boiled eggs 2 pieces toast

10am- 1 shake made with 1 pint full fat milk

11am- handfull peanuts

12noon-1 can tuna with 1 saucepan full of pasta (pre workout)

2pm 1 shake mixed with 1 pint full fat milk. (Post workout)

3pm 1 banana

5pm 1 chicken breast 1 cup long grain rice bowl of salad with olive oil and feta cheese and whole olives.

7pm 1 shake mixed with 1 pint full fat milk

9pm 1 tin mackeral fillets on 2 slices toast + 20 mg Dbol :D

11pm 1 shake mixed with 1 pint full fat milk.

I havent a clue how many calories that is but it definitly puts weight on me, so much so that quite a few of my clothes dont fit me anymore after just a month.
Id be intersted to see before and after pics from you man , are you still on,in pct or finished your cycle , That diet isnt that great
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top