UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Not a Newbie Trainer
1,446 Posts
Used to have next unread thread at the bottom of current thread being read, now that's also gone
@vs-Admin. This is the main thing that’s lacking imo. Just easier to run through the threads without going back to main forum and scrolling. The ‘related thread‘ option just brings up similar threads that are often dated.
Im not a platinum member, but do feel for those that are/were.
I do like the choice of smilies 😎🥳😆

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
When the forum was upgraded years ago from our positive & negative rep to a full like, laugh, sad, thanks, confused collection, during that update I wasn't regularly active but came back to find I only had +1 rep, accepted it and worked hard to rebuild, got myself to Platinum level (5k posts) and recently nearly 4k likes - the absolute minimum I would expect of this software update is that I kept my post count and likes count but even this hasn't happened.

For you guys in Admin it's just a software update on a random forum in the UK, but for us regulars (and in reality there is only about 30 of us) we got used to how things were and to just have them taken away is a massive shock. To be given absolutely no reason why the format of UKM has changed makes things even worse.

If you had spent years building up a reputation, building up a post count to get to the next membership level and building up followers over the years and then to have them all taken away, you too wouldn't be happy.

You've even taken away our ability to laugh... that's me out.
😭😭😭

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Is there a way of seeing when a certain member was last online?

I used to be able to just hover my cursor on their username and it would display how many days, hours or even minutes ago this user was online.

Danny

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
When the forum was upgraded years ago from our positive & negative rep to a full like, laugh, sad, thanks, confused collection, during that update I wasn't regularly active but came back to find I only had +1 rep, accepted it and worked hard to rebuild, got myself to Platinum level (5k posts) and recently nearly 4k likes - the absolute minimum I would expect of this software update is that I kept my post count and likes count but even this hasn't happened.

For you guys in Admin it's just a software update on a random forum in the UK, but for us regulars (and in reality there is only about 30 of us) we got used to how things were and to just have them taken away is a massive shock. To be given absolutely no reason why the format of UKM has changed makes things even worse.

If you had spent years building up a reputation, building up a post count to get to the next membership level and building up followers over the years and then to have them all taken away, you too wouldn't be happy.

You've even taken away our ability to laugh... that's me out.
As mentioned, we are building to bring that reputation and reaction back. And I hope what we're working on is going to cover all of your concerns. We have kept all positive reputation in our records, so rebuilding shouldn't be too challenging either. We aren't rushing this because we want to do this right.

@vs-Admin. This is the main thing that’s lacking imo. Just easier to run through the threads without going back to main forum and scrolling. The ‘related thread‘ option just brings up similar threads that are often dated.
Im not a platinum member, but do feel for those that are/were.
I do like the choice of smilies 😎🥳😆
Part of the reason some of the older threads bubbling up is that things are still indexing here, meaning the site thinks they are newer until it learns to respect the date it was posted rather than the date the site upgraded. If you want the newest the "New" button can be set to filters to only show you new stuff from forums you follow, and to only show you threads you haven't read all responses on yet. Does this sound like a setting we have that meets your needs until I can dig into better Recommended Reading settings?

Is there a way of seeing when a certain member was last online?

I used to be able to just hover my cursor on their username and it would display how many days, hours or even minutes ago this user was online.

Danny
Hi Dany,
hovering over your avatar still shows when you were last on. It's just under the join date

Thanks for the questions.

Cheers,

Gerrit

·
Not a Newbie Trainer
1,446 Posts
Part of the reason some of the older threads bubbling up is that things are still indexing here, meaning the site thinks they are newer until it learns to respect the date it was posted rather than the date the site upgraded. If you want the newest the "New" button can be set to filters to only show you new stuff from forums you follow, and to only show you threads you haven't read all responses on yet. Does this sound like a setting we have that meets your needs until I can dig into better Recommended Reading settings?
Thanks Gerrit, not a bad workaround. It means I just have to follow the forum I want to read. It will mean unfollowing and following the next forum I want to read. I think I’d rather have ‘next unread topic’ tbh. Can we have both.?

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thanks Gerrit, not a bad workaround. It means I just have to follow the forum I want to read. It will mean unfollowing and following the next forum I want to read. I think I’d rather have ‘next unread topic’ tbh. Can we have both.?
Hmm, I think things are getting a tad mixed in this suggestion. When I say follow a forum, I don't mean the individual thread.
Say you're really passionate about the section that this thread is in: "Website help" You can follow that section from the forum listing.

You can see where it says "Unfollow" for us, since I obviously want to know when threads are started in this section.

Then when you click that "New" button set the filters based on what your wants. The second option we have selected is for "Followed content" including followed sections.

with this pre set up, we will now see any new and unread threads in that so I can see the next or newest threads.

This is all to say an alternative option. The site is currently re-indexing the threads to be respected on the day they are posted, rather than the day we upgraded. There are a lot of threads and a lot of information, so this indexing will take time.

Hope either of those options are more palatable.

Cheers,
Gerrit

·
Not a Newbie Trainer
1,446 Posts
Hmm, I think things are getting a tad mixed in this suggestion. When I say follow a forum, I don't mean the individual thread.
Say you're really passionate about the section that this thread is in: "Website help" You can follow that section from the forum listing.
View attachment 210052
You can see where it says "Unfollow" for us, since I obviously want to know when threads are started in this section.

Then when you click that "New" button set the filters based on what your wants. The second option we have selected is for "Followed content" including followed sections.
View attachment 210053

with this pre set up, we will now see any new and unread threads in that so I can see the next or newest threads.

This is all to say an alternative option. The site is currently re-indexing the threads to be respected on the day they are posted, rather than the day we upgraded. There are a lot of threads and a lot of information, so this indexing will take time.

Hope either of those options are more palatable.

Cheers,
Gerrit
Hi Gerrit, yes I followed the whole steroid forum. Now I just click ‘new’ and get all unread. It’s a good workaround.
I like to read all of my favourite forums one after the other. Steroids, GenCon, Diet, so on.
Ps. Still prefer ‘next unread thread’ button 😆🤣

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hi Gerrit, yes I followed the whole steroid forum. Now I just click ‘new’ and get all unread. It’s a good workaround.
I like to read all of my favourite forums one after the other. Steroids, GenCon, Diet, so on.
Ps. Still prefer ‘next unread thread’ button 😆🤣
Setting the new filter to only have "Followed Forums" selected will only show you new stuff from your followed forum. But I hear ya, I'll see if there is a way to tie both recommender in with your button.

Cheers,
Gerrit

·
Newbie Trainer
2,009 Posts
Report it - then may be a mod’ll delete?

Are the mods still active?

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
as above, new layout, have no idea how to delete a thread i created
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance. If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
THE GUV’NOR
9,478 Posts
Just like in real life, you can't say nasty things and then decide to unsay them. Life doesn't work that way. ;)

Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance. If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket
Just like in real life, you can't say nasty things and then decide to unsay them. Life doesn't work that way. ;)

- Cricket
Ok mate @Pscarb @Mingster @swole troll can you delete my original post please sorry to trouble you but it’s what we have to do now

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
How To Report a Post

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the time stamp. Select Report from the drop-down.

Add your reason for the report to the popup and click Report when you are done.

- Cricket

·
THE GUV’NOR
9,478 Posts
How To Report a Post

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the time stamp. Select Report from the drop-down.

Add your reason for the report to the popup and click Report when you are done.

- Cricket
So if I want to delete a post or thread that I started I have to report it and how long will that take ? It used to be instant when you left it to us

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
So if I want to delete a post or thread that I started I have to report it and how long will that take ? It used to be instant when you left it to us
Reported threads are handled by the moderator team.

- Cricket

41 - 60 of 64 Posts